Subject: geo-tagged photographs | Geograph | Geography, Planning and Development | Earth and Planetary Sciences (miscellaneous) | Geography (General) | Computers in Earth Sciences | land use | Flickr | Volunteered Geographic Information | fitness-for-use | Panoramio | G1-922 | land cover
Geo-Tagged photographs are used increasingly as a source of Volunteered Geographic Information (VGI), which could potentially be used for land use and land cover applications. The purpose of this paper is to analyze the feasibility of using this source of spatial inform... View more
Goodchild, M.F. Citizens as sensors: The world of volunteered geography. GeoJournal 2007, 69, 211-221.
8. Haklay, M. How good is volunteered geographical information? A comparative study of OpenStreetMap and Ordnance Survey datasets. Environ. Plan. B Plan. Des. 2010, 37, 682-703. [CrossRef]
9. Jackson, S.; Mullen, W.; Agouris, P.; Crooks, A.; Croitoru, A.; Stefanidis, A. Assessing completeness and spatial error of features in Volunteered Geographic Information. ISPRS Int. J. Geo-Inform. 2013, 2, 507-530. [CrossRef]
10. Brovelli, M.A.; Minghini, M.; Molinari, M.; Mooney, P. Towards an automated comparison of OpenStreetMap with authoritative road datasets. Trans. GIS. 2016. [CrossRef]
11. Antoniou, V.; Morley, J.; Haklay, M. Web 2.0 geotagged photos: Assessing the spatial dimension of the phenomenon. Geomatica 2010, 64, 99-110.
12. Panoramio Panorank: The Panoramio Rankings Web. Available online: http://www.panorank.com/ (accessed on 13 December 2015).
13. Statistics Brain: Instagram Company Statistics. Available online: http://www.statisticbrain.com/instagramcompany-statistics (accessed on 13 December 2015).
14. Franck, M. How many photos are uploaded to Flickr every day, month, year? Available online: https: //www.flickr.com/photos/franckmichel/6855169886 (accessed on 15 December 2015).
15. Kisilevich, S.; Krstajic, M.; Keim, D.; Andrienko, N.; Andrienko, G. Event-based analysis of people's activities and behavior using Flickr and Panoramio geotagged photo collections. In Proceedings of the 14th International Conference on Information Visualisation (IV), London, UK, 26-29 July 2010; pp. 289-296.
16. Andrienko, G.; Andrienko, N.; Bak, P.; Kisilevich, S.; Keim, D. Analysis of community-contributed space- and time-referenced data (example of Flickr and Panoramio photos). In Proceedings of the IEEE Symposium on Visual Analytics Science and Technology (VAST 2009), Atlantic City, NJ, USA, 12-13 October 2009; pp. 213-214.