Subject: QD | QH301 | Biophysics | Biophysical Theory and Modeling
We analyze a simple linear triggering model of the T-cell receptor (TCR) within the framework of queuing theory, in which TCRs enter the queue upon full activation and exit by downregulation. We fit our model to four experimentally characterized threshold activation cri... View more
1. Dustin, M. L., T. G. Bivona, and M. R. Philips. 2004. Membranes as messengers in T-cell adhesion signaling. Nat. Immunol. 5:363-372.
2. Bossi, G., C. Trambas, S. Booth, R. Clark, J. Stinchcombe, and G. M. Griffiths. 2002. The secretory synapse: the secrets of a serial killer. Immunol. Rev. 189:152-160.
3. Hemmer, B., I. Stefanova, M. Vergelli, R. N. Germain, and R. Martin. 1998. Relationships among TCR ligand potency, thresholds for effector function elicitation, and the quality of early signaling events in human T cells. J. Immunol. 160:5807-5814.
4. Itoh, Y., and R. N. Germain. 1997. Single cell analysis reveals regulated hierarchical T-cell antigen receptor signalling thresholds and intraclonal heterogeneity for individual cytokine responses of CD41 T cells. J. Exp. Med. 186:757-766.
5. Valitutti, S., S. Muller, M. Dessing, and A. Lanzavecchia. 1996. Different responses are elicited in cytotoxic T lymphocytes by different levels of T-cell receptor occupancy. J. Exp. Med. 183:1917-1921.
6. Lezzi, G., K. Karjalainen, and A. Lanzavecchia. 1998. The duration of antigenic stimulation determines the fate of naive and effector T cells. Immunity. 8:89-95.
7. Purbhoo, M. A., D. J. Irvine, J. B. Huppa, and M. M. Davis. 2004. T-cell killing does not require the formation of a stable mature immunological synapse. Nat. Immunol. 5:524-530.
8. Faroudi, M., R. Zaru, P. Paulet, S. Mu¨ller, and S. Valitutti. 2003. Cutting edge: T Lymphocyte activation by repeated immunological synapse formation and intermittent signaling. J. Immunol. 171:1128- 1132.
9. Huppa, J. B., M. Gleimer, C. Sumen, and M. M. Davis. 2003. Continuous T-cell receptor signaling required for synapse maintenance and full effector function. Nat. Immunol. 4:749-755.
10. Gett, A. V., F. Sallusto, A. Lanzavecchia, and J. Geginat. 2003. T-cell fitness determined by signal strength. Nat. Immunol. 4:355-360.