OBJECTIVE To test the sensitivity and specificity of a clinical case definition of acute intussusception in infants to assist health-care workers in settings where diagnostic facilities are not available. METHODS Prospective studies were conducted at a major paediatric ... View more
5. Murphy BR, Morens DM, Simonsen L, Chanock RM, La Montagne JR, Kapikian AZ. Reappraisal of the association of intussusception with the licensed live rotavirus vaccine challenges initial conclusions. J Infect Dis 2003;187:1301-8.
7. Bines JE, Kohl KS, Forster J, Zanardi LR, Davis RL, Hansen J, et al. Acute intussusception in infants and children as an adverse event following immunization: case denfiition and guidelines of data collection, analysis, and presentation. Vaccine 2004;22:569-74.
8. Bines JE, Ivanoff B, Justice F, Mulholland K. Clinical case definition for the diagnosis of acute intussusception. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr 2004; 39:511-8.
9. Ruiz-Palacios GM, Perez-Schael I, Velazquez FR, Abate H, Breuer T, Clemens SC, et al. Safety and efficacy of an attenuated vaccine against severe rotavirus gastroenteritis. N Engl J Med 2006;354:11-22.
10. Young DG. Intussusception. In: O'Neil JA Jr, Rowe MI, Grosfeld JL, Fonkalsrud EW, Conran AG, editors. Pediatric surgery. 5th edition. St Louis (MO): Mosby; 1998. p. 1185-98.