Subject: Chemistry | pollution load index | QD1-999 | Engineering (General). Civil engineering (General) | zero discharge system ETP | bioaccumulation | Technology | index of geoaccumulation | QH301-705.5 | TA1-2040 | contamination factor | T | Physics | heavy metal | Bangladesh | QC1-999 | degree of contamination | Biology (General)
Intense urbanization, large scale industrialization and unprecedented population growth in the last few decades have been responsible for lowering environmental quality. Soil contamination with metals is a serious concern due to their toxicity and ability to accumulate ... View more
1. USDA (United States Department of Agriculture Natural Resources Conservation Services Soils Quality Institute). Urban Technical Note, 2001.
2. Thuy, H.T.T.; Tobschall, H.J.; An, P.V. Distribution of heavy metals in urban soils-A case study of Danang-Hoian area (vietnam). Environ. Geogr. 2000, 39, 603-610.
3. Mingorance, M.D.; Valdes, B.; Oliva-Rossini, S. Strategies of heavy metal uptake by plants growing under industrial emissions. Environ. Int. 2007, 33, 514-520.
4. Alam, M.G.M.; Snow, E.T.; Tanaka, A. Arsenic and heavy metal concentration of vegetables grown in Samta village, Bangladesh. Sci. Total Environ. 2003, 111, 811-815.
5. Arora, M.; Kiran, B.; Rani, A.; Rani, S.; Kaur, B.; Mittal, M. Heavy metal accumulation in vegetables irrigated with water from different sources. Food Chem. 2008, 111, 811-815.
6. Bhuiyan, M.A.H.; Suruvi, N.I.; Dampare, S.B.; Islam, M.A.; Quraishi, S.B.; Ganyaglo, S.; Suzuki, S. Investigation of the possible sources of heavy metal contamination in lagoon and canal water in the tannery industrial area in Dhaka, Bangladesh. Environ. Monit. Assess. 2011, 175, 633-649.
7. Ahmed, G.; Uddin, M.K.; Khan, G.M.; Rahman, M.S.; Chowdhury, D.A. Distribution of trace metal pollutants in surface water system connected to effluent disposal points of Dhaka Export Processing Zone (DEPZ), Bangladesh: A statistical approach. J. Nat. Sci. Sus. Technol. 2009, 3, 293-304.
8. Mortula, M.M.; Rahman, M.S. Study on waste disposal at DEPZ. Bangladesh Environ. (BAPA). 2002, 2, 807-817.
9. Yadav, R.K.; Goyal, B.; Sharma, R.K.; Dubey, S.K.; Minhas, P.S. Post irrigation impact of domestic sewage effluent on composition of soils, crops and ground water-A case study. Environ. Int. 2002, 28, 481-486.
10. Singh, K.P.; Mohan, D.; Sinha, S.; Dalwani, R. Impact assessment of treated/untreated wastewater toxicants discharged by sewage treatment plants on health, agricultural, and environmental quality in the wastewater disposal area. Chemosphere 2004, 55, 227-255.