International audience; Natural killer (NK) cells play an essential role in antiviral immunity, but knowledge of their function in secondary lymphoid organs is incomplete. Lymph node follicles constitute a major viral reservoir during infections with HIV-1 and simian im... View more
1. Saez-Cirion, A., Jacquelin, B., Barré-Sinoussi, F. & Müller-Trutwin, M. Immune responses during spontaneous control of HIV and AIDS: what is the hope for a cure? Philos. Trans. R. Soc. Lond. B. Biol. Sci. 369, 20130436 (2014).
2. Lederman, M. M. & Margolis, L. THE LYMPH NODE IN HIV PATHOGENESIS. Semin. Immunol. 20, 187-195 (2008).
3. Paiardini, M. & Müller-Trutwin, M. HIV-associated chronic immune activation. Immunol. Rev. 254, 78-101 (2013).
4. Chakrabarti, L. et al. Early stages of simian immunodeficiency virus infection in lymph nodes. Amer J Pathol 144, 1226-1236 (1994).
5. Lindqvist, M. et al. Expansion of HIV-specific T follicular helper cells in chronic HIV infection. J. Clin. Invest. 122, 3271-3280 (2012).
6. Brenchley, J. M. et al. Differential infection patterns of CD4+ T cells and lymphoid tissue viral burden distinguish progressive and nonprogressive lentiviral infections. Blood 120, 4172- 4181 (2012).
7. Petrovas, C. et al. CD4 T follicular helper cell dynamics during SIV infection. J. Clin. Invest. 122, 3281-3294 (2012).
8. Xu, H. et al. Persistent Simian Immunodeficiency Virus Infection Drives Differentiation, Aberrant Accumulation, and Latent Infection of Germinal Center Follicular T Helper Cells. J. Virol. 90, 1578-1587 (2016).
9. Chowdhury, A. et al. Decreased T Follicular Regulatory Cell/T Follicular Helper Cell (TFH) in Simian Immunodeficiency Virus-Infected Rhesus Macaques May Contribute to Accumulation of TFH in Chronic Infection. J. Immunol. Baltim. Md 1950 195, 3237-3247 (2015).
10. Estes, J. D. Pathobiology of HIV/SIV-associated changes in secondary lymphoid tissues. Immunol. Rev. 254, 65-77 (2013).