Subject: parenting style | R5-920 | chronic illness | Patient Preference and Adherence | Medicine (General) | patient preferences | Original Research | qualitative research | interpretive description
Vibeke Bregnballe1, Peter Oluf Schi&oslash;tz1, Kirsten Lomborg21Department of Pediatrics, Aarhus University Hospital; 2Department of Nursing Science, Institute of Public Health, Aarhus University, Aarhus, DenmarkBackground: When suffering from cystic fibrosis (CF),... View more
1. Navarro J, Rainisio M, Harms HK, et al. Factors associated with poor pulmonary function: cross-sectional analysis of data from the ERCF. European Epidemiologic Registry of Cystic Fibrosis. J Eur Respir. 2001;18(2):298-305.
2. Konstan MW, Morgan WJ, Butler SM, et al. Risk factors for rate of decline in forced expiratory volume in one second in children and adolescents with cystic fibrosis. J Pediatr. 2007;151(2):134-139.
3. White H, Wolfe SP, Foy J, et al. Nutritional intake and status in children with cystic fibrosis: does age matter? J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2007;44(1):116-123.
4. Britto MT, Kotagal UR, Hornung RW, et al. Impact of recent pulmonary exacerbations on quality of life in patients with cystic fibrosis. Chest. 2002;121(1):64-72.
5. Gee L, Abbott J, Conway SP, Etherington C, Webb AK. Quality of life in cystic fibrosis: the impact of gender, general health perceptions and disease severity. J Cyst Fibros. 2003;2(4):206-213.
6. Fitzgerald D. Non-compliance in adolescents with chronic lung disease: causative factors and practical approach. Paediatr Respir Rev. 2001;2(3):260-267.
7. Zindani GN, Streetman DD, Streetman DS, Nasr SZ. Adherence to treatment in children and adolescent patients with cystic fibrosis. J Adolesc Health. 2006;38(1):13-17.
8. Zack J, Jacobs CP, Keenan PM, et al. Perspectives of patients with cystic fibrosis on preventive counseling and transition to adult care. Pediatr Pulmonol. 2003;36(5):376-383.
9. Laursen B, Collins WA. Parent-child relationships during adolescence. In: Lerner RM, Steinberg L, editors. Handbook of Adolescent Psychology. Vol 2: Contextual Influences on Adolescent Development. 3rd ed. New Jersey, USA: John Wiley and Sons; 2009:3-42.
10. Baumrind D. Current patterns of parental authority. Dev Psychol. 1971;4(1 Pt 2):1-103.