Subject: CN parameter | Water supply for domestic and industrial purposes | TD201-500 | asymptotic equation | TC1-978 | rainfall-runoff model | SCS method | Hydraulic engineering | agricultural watershed
This paper investigates a possibility of using asymptotic functions to determine the value of curve number (CN) parameter as a function of rainfall in small agricultural watersheds. It also compares the actually calculated CN with its values provided in the Soil Conserv... View more
Abon, C.C.; David, C.P.C.; Pellejera, N.E.B. Reconstructing the tropical storm ketsana flood event in Marikina River, Philippines. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 2011, 15, 1283-1289.
2. Aronica, G.T.; Candela, A. Derivation of flood frequency curves in poorly gauged Mediterranean catchments using a simple stochastic hydrological rainfall-runoff model. J. Hydrol. 2007, 347, 132-142.
3. Banasik, K. Sediment Graph Model of Rainfall Event in a Small Agricultural Watershed, Treaties and Monographs; Warsaw Agricultural University Press: Warsaw, Poland, 1994; Volume 15.
4. Deshmukh, D.S.; Chaube, U.C.; Hailu, A.E.; Gudeta, D.A.; Kassa, M.T. Estimation and comparison of curve numbers based on dynamic land use land cover change, observed rainfall-runoff data and land slope. J. Hydrol. 2013, 492, 89-101.
5. Miler, A.T. Comprehensive Method Assessment of Water Resources in the Forests; Poznan University of Life Sciences Press: Warsaw, Poland, 2013. (In Polish)
6. Van Dijk, A.I.J.M. Selection of an appropriately simple storm runoff model. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 2010, 14, 447-458.
7. Kowalik, T. Indexes and coefficients of outflow from two agricultural microcatchments in Beskid Mały Mts. Acta Sci. Pol. Ser. Form. Circumiectus 2002, 1-2, 85-94.
8. Kanownik, W.; Kowalik, T. Variability of water resources flowing away from small agricultural catchment. Pol. J. Environ. Stud. 2010, 19, 65-71.
9. Chauhan, M.S.; Kumar, V.; Rahul, A.K. Modelling and quantifying water use efficiency for irrigation project and water supply at large scale. Int. J. Adv. Sci. Tech. Res. 2013, 3, 617-639.
10. Ignar, S. The SCS method and its application for effective rainfall determination. Rev. Geophys. 1988, 32, 451-455.