Subject: high-bush blueberry<i> in vitro </i>cultivars | RM1-950 | Therapeutics. Pharmacology | DPPH• and FRAP | high-bush blueberry in vitro cultivars | phenolic composition | HPLC-DAD and LC-MS/MS | Article
The antioxidant activity and phenolic composition of six in vitro cultured blueberry seedlings were determined. Extracts were prepared in 85% ethanol from 30 days old in vitro cultured plants and used to evaluate the antioxidant capacities that included Ferric reducing ... View more
1. Sellappan, S.; Akoh, C.C.; Krewer, G. Phenolic compounds and antioxidant capacity of Georgia-grown blueberries and blackberries. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2002, 50, 2432-2438.
2. Amakura, Y.; Umino, Y.; Tsuji, S.; Tonogai, Y. Influence of jam processing on the radical scavenging activity and phenolic content in berries. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2009, 48, 6294-6297.
3. Zheng, W.; Wang, S.Y. Oxygen radical absorbing capacity of phenolics in blueberries, cranberries, chokeberries, and lingonberries. J. Agric. Food Chem. 2003, 51, 502-509.
4. Sawa, T.; Nakao, M.; Akaike, T.; Ono, K.; Maeda, H. Alkylperoxyl radical-scavenging activity of various flavonoids and other phenolic compounds: Implications for the anti-tumor-promoter effect of vegetables. J. Agric. Food Chem. 1999, 47, 397-402.
5. Rodney, C.; Toni, M.; Kutchan, N.; Lewis, G. Natural products. In Biochemistry and Molecular Biology of Plants; Buchanan, B., Gruissem, W., Jones, R., Eds.; Wiley: Rockville, MD., USA, 2000; pp. 1253-1348.
6. Karuppusamy, S. A review on trends in production of secondary metabolites from higher plants by in vitro tissue, organ and cell cultures. J. Med. Plant Res. 2009, 3, 1222-1239.
7. Hussain, S.; Fareed, S.; Ansari, S.; Rahman, A.; Zareen, A.; Saeed, M. Current approaches toward production of secondary plant metabolites. J. Pharm. Bioallied Sci. 2012, 4, 10-20.
8. Lloyd, G.; McCown, B. Commercially feasible micropropagation of mountain laurel, Kalmia latifolia, by use of shoot tip culture. Comb. Proc. Int. Plant Propag. Soc. 1980, 30, 421-427.
9. Adam, M.; Dobiáš, P.; Eisner, A.; Ventura, K. Extraction of antioxidants from plants using ultrasonic methods and their antioxidant capacity. J. Sep. Sci. 2009, 32, 288-294.
10. Shyu, Y.-S.; Lin, J.-T.; Chang, Y.-T.; Chiang, Ch.-J.; Yang, D.-J. Evaluation of antioxidant ability of ethanolic extract from dill (Anethum graveolens L.) flower. Food Chem. 2009, 115, 515-521.