Subject: − 80 °C storage | R | Research Article | Medicine | Complement | Biomarker | Plasma | Biology (General) | QH301-705.5
Background There is uncertainty regarding how stable complement analytes are during long-term storage at – 80 °C. As part of our work program we have measured 17 complement biomarkers (C1q, C1 inhibitor, C3, C3a, iC3b, C4, C5, C9, FB, FD, FH, FI, TCC, Bb, sCR1, sCR2, Cl... View more
1. Mollnes TE, Jokiranta TS, Truedsson L, Nilsson B, Rodriguez de Cordoba S, Kirschfink M. Complement analysis in the 21st century. Mol Immunol. 2007;44(16):3838-49.
2. Mollnes TE, Garred P, Bergseth G. Eefct of time, temperature and antico - agulants on in vitro complement activation: consequences for collection and preservation of samples to be examined for complement activation. Clin Exp Immunol. 1988;73:484-8.
3. Baatrup G, Sturfelt G, Junker A, Svehag SE. Eefcts of coagulation temperature on measurements of complement function in serum samples from patients with systemic lupus erythematosus. Ann Rheum Dis. 1992;51:892-7.
4. Nilsson B, Ekdahl KN. Complement diagnostics: concepts, indications, and practical guidelines. Clin Dev Immunol. 2012;2012:962702.
5. Lovestone S, Francis P, Kloszewska I, Mecocci P, Simmons A, Soininen H, Spenger C, Tsolaki M, Vellas B, Wahlund LO, Ward M, AddNeuroMed Consortium. AddNeuroMed-the European collaboration for the discovery of novel biomarkers for Alzheimer's disease. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1180:36-46.
6. Simmons A, Westman E, Muehlboeck S, Mecocci P, Vellas B, Tsolaki M, Kłoszewska I, Wahlund LO, Soininen H, Lovestone S, Evans A, Spenger C, AddNeuroMed Consortium. MRI measures of Alzheimer's disease and the AddNeuroMed study. Ann N Y Acad Sci. 2009;1180:47-55.
7. Morgan AR, Touchard S, O'Hagan C, Sims R, Majounie E, Escott-Price V, Jones L, Williams J, Morgan BP. The Correlation between inflammatory biomarkers and polygenic risk score in Alzheimer's Disease. J Alzheimers Dis. 2017;56(1):25-36.
8. Yang S, McGookey M, Wang Y, Cataland SR, Wu HM. Eefct of blood sampling, processing, and storage on the measurement of complement activation biomarkers. Am J Clin Pathol. 2015;143:558-65.
9. Mitchell BL, Yasui Y, Li CI, Fitzpatrick AL, Lampe PD. Impact of freeze-thaw cycles and storage time on plasma samples used in mass spectrometry based biomarker discovery projects. Cancer Inform. 2005;1:98-104.
10. Butterfield LH, Potter DM, Kirkwood JM. Multiplex serum biomarker assessments: technical and biostatistical issues. J Transl Med. 2011;9:173.