Subject: Screening | Health Policy | Research Article | Vietnam | BLOOD-PRESSURE | Cost analysis | Hypertension | BURDEN | CARE
mesheuropmc: health care economics and organizations
Background There is an economic burden associated with hypertension both worldwide and in Vietnam. In Vietnam, patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure are hospitalized for further diagnosis and initiation of treatment. Because there is no evidence on costs of inp... View more
1. Kearney PM, Whelton M, Reynolds K, Muntner P, Whelton PK, He J: Global burden of hypertension: analysis of worldwide data. Lancet 2005, 365(9455):217-223.
2. Perkovic V, Huxley R, Wu Y, Prabhakaran D, MacMahon S: The burden of blood pressure-related disease: a neglected priority for global health. Hypertension 2007, 50(6):991-997.
3. Gaziano TA, Bitton A, Anand S, Weinstein MC: The global cost of nonoptimal blood pressure. J Hypertens 2009, 27(7):1472-1477.
4. Le C, Zhankun S, Jun D, Keying Z: The economic burden of hypertension in rural south-west China. Trop Med Int Health 2012, 17(12):1544-1551.
5. Wagner AK, Valera M, Graves AJ, Lavina S, Ross-Degnan D: Costs of hospital care for hypertension in an insured population without an outpatient medicines benefit: an observational study in the Philippines. BMC Health Serv Res 2008, 8:161.
6. Ibrahim MM, Damasceno A: Hypertension in developing countries. Lancet 2012, 380(9841):611-619.
7. Ngo AD, Rao C, Hoa NP, Adair T, Chuc NT: Mortality patterns in Vietnam, 2006: findings from a national verbal autopsy survey. BMC Res Notes 2010, 3:78.
8. Son PT, Quang NN, Viet NL, Khai PG, Wall S, Weinehall L, Bonita R, Byass P: Prevalence, awareness, treatment and control of hypertension in Vietnam-results from a national survey. J Hum Hypertens 2012, 26(4):268-280.
9. Hard Coronary Heart Disease (10-year risk) [https://www.framingham heartstudy.org/risk-functions/cardiovascular-disease/10-year-risk.php] [Access on August, 15, 2013].
10. Nguyen QN, Pham ST, Do LD, Nguyen VL, Wall S, Weinehall L, Bonita R, Byass P: Cardiovascular disease risk factor patterns and their implications for intervention strategies in Vietnam. Int J Hypertens 2012, 2012:560397.