<p>Strain typing of bacterial isolates is increasingly used to identify sources of infection or product contamination and to elucidate routes of transmission of pathogens or spoilage organisms. Usually, the number of bacterial isolates belonging to the same species that... View more
1. Altekruse, S. F., F. Elvinger, Y. Wang, and K. Ye. 2003. A model to estimate the optimal sample size for microbiological surveys. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 69:6174-6178.
2. Congdon, P. 2002. Bayesian statistical analysis. J. Wiley & Sons, New York, NY.
3. Dogan, B., and K. J. Boor. 2003. Genetic diversity and spoilage potentials among Pseudomonas spp. isolated from fluid milk products and dairy processing plants. Appl. Environ. Microbiol. 69:130-138.
4. Do¨pfer, D., L. Geue, J. de Bree, and M. C. M. de Jong. 2006. Dynamics of verotoxinogenic Escherichia coli isolated from German beef cattle between birth and slaughter. Prev. Vet. Med. 73:229-240.
5. Do¨pfer, D., H. W. Barkema, T. J. Lam, Y. H. Schukken, and W. Gaastra. 1999. Recurrent clinical mastitis caused by Escherichia coli in dairy cows. J. Dairy Sci. 82:80-85.
6. Durak, M. Z., H. I. Fromm, J. R. Huck, R. N. Zadoks, and K. J. Boor. 2006. Development of molecular typing methods for Bacillus spp. and Paenibacillus spp. isolated from fluid milk products. J. Food Sci. 71:M50-M56.
7. Gelman, A., J. B. Carlin, H. S. Stern, and D. B. Rubin. 1995. Bayesian data analysis. Chapman and Hall, London, United Kingdom.
8. Geue, L., M. Segura-Alvarez, F. J. Conraths, T. Kuczius, J. Bockemuhl, H. Karch, and P. Gallien. 2002. A long-term study on the prevalence of shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) on four German cattle farms. Epidemiol. Infect. 129:173-185.
9. Graves, L. M., and B. Swaminathan. 2001. PulseNet standardized protocol for subtyping Listeria monocytogenes by macrorestriction and pulsed-field gel electrophoresis. Int. J. Food Microbiol. 65:55-62.
10. Johnson, N. L., and S. Kotz. 1969. Discrete distributions. Distributions in statistics. Wiley, New York, NY.