Subject: Law and Political Science | Law | Universal health coverage | Correspondence | Medicine and Health Sciences | Millennium development goals | Right to health | Human medicine | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
The present Millennium Development Goals are set to expire in 2015 and their next iteration is now being discussed within the international community. With regards to health, the World Health Organization proposes universal health coverage as a 'single overarching healt... View more
1. Fukuda-Parr S, Hulme D: International Norm Dynamics and the “End of Poverty”: Understanding the Millennium Development Goals. Global Governance 2011, 17(1):17-36.
2. United Nations General Assembly: Universal Declaration of Human Rights, G. A. res. 217A (III), U.N. Doc A/810 at 71. 1948. http://www1.umn.edu/ humanrts/instree/b1udhr.htm.
3. Alston P: Ships passing in the night: the current state of the human rights and development debate seen through the lens of the millennium development goals. Hum Right Q 2005, 27:755-829.
4. World Health Organization: Positioning Health in the Post-2015 Development Agenda. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2013. http://www.worldwewant 2015.org/bitcache/7c4f4f265f3d2dfdfed54c06afee939039865522?vid= 302852&disposition=attachment&op=download.
5. United Nations General Assembly: Global health and foreign policy, Resolution A/67/L.36, 6. 2012. http://www.un.org/ga/search/viewm_doc.asp? symbol=A/67/L.36.
6. High-Level Panel of Eminent Persons on the Post-2015 Development Agenda: A New Global Partnership: Eradicate Poverty and Transform Economies Through Sustainable Development. New York: United Nations; 2013. http:// www.un.org/sg/management/pdf/HLP_P2015_Report.pdf.
7. Leadership Council of the Sustainable Development Solutions Network: An Action Agenda for Sustainable Development. New York: United Nations Sustainable Development Solutions Network; 2013. http://unsdsn.org/wpcontent/uploads/2014/02/An-Action-Agenda-for-Sustainable-Development. pdf.
8. Smits J: Redefining normative legal science: towards an argumentative discipline. In Methods of Human rights Research. Edited by Coomans F, Grünfeld F, Kamminga T. Antwerp-Oxford-Portland: Intersentia; 2009.
9. United Nations General Assembly: International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights, G.A. res. 2200A (XXI), 21 U.N. GAOR Supp. (No. 16) at 52, U.N. Doc. A/6316 (1966), 999 U.N.T.S. 171, entered into force. 1976. http://www1. umn.edu/humanrts/instree/b3ccpr.htm.
10. United Nations General Assembly: International Covenant on Economic, Social and Cultural Rights, G.A. Res. 2200A (XXI), 21 U.N. GAOR Supp. (No. 16) at 49, U.N. Doc.A/6316 (1966), 993 U.N.T.S. 3, entered into force. 1976. http://www1.umn.edu/humanrts/instree/b2esc.htm.