Subject: household income | Agriculture | adoption | S | Chinyanja Triangle | small-scale irrigation farming | bepress|Social and Behavioral Sciences|Sociology | climate-smart agriculture | Southern Africa
This article is concerned with the adoption of small-scale irrigation farming as a climate-smart agriculture practice and its influence on household income in the Chinyanja Triangle. Chinyanja Triangle is a region that is increasingly experiencing mid-season dry spells ... View more
1. Burney, J. A., & Naylor, R. L. (2012). Smallholder Irrigation as a Poverty Alleviation Tool in Sub-Saharan Africa. World Development, 40(1), 110-123, doi:10.1016/j.worlddev.2011.05.007.
2. Barrett, C. B., & Swallow, B. M. (2006). Fractal poverty traps. World Development, 34(1), 1-15.
3. Barnichon, R., & Peiris, S. J. (2008). Sources of inflation in sub-Saharan Africa. Journal of African Economies, 17(5), 729-746. https://doi.org/10.1093/jae/ejn002
4. Conway, G., Waage, J., & Delaney, S. (2010). Science and Innovation for Development; UK Collaborative on Development Sciences (UKCDS). London.
5. Davies, M., Guenther, B., Leavy, J., Mitchell, T., & Tanner, T. (2009). Climate change adaptation, disaster risk reduction and social protection: complementary roles in agriculture and rural growth? IDS Working Papers, 2009(320), 01-37.
6. FAO (2013). Sourcebook on Climate Smart Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries (Rome, Italy: Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO). Food and Agriculture Organization.
7. SciDev.Net (2014). African smallholder farmers need tech to spur food security. [Online].
8. Liangzhi, Y., Claudia, R., Ulrike, W.-S., Richard, R., Stanley, W., Tingju, Z., et al. (2011). What is the irrigation potential for Africa? A combined biophysical and
16. Carruthers, I., Rosegrant, M. W., & Seckler, D. (1997). Irrigation and food security in the 21st century. Irrigation and Drainage Systems, 11, 83-101.
17. Bacha, D., Namara, R., Bogale, A., & Tesfaye, A. (2011). Impact of small‐scale irrigation on household poverty: empirical evidence from the Ambo district in Ethiopia. Irrigation and Drainage, 60(1), 1-10. DOI: 10.1002/ird.550