Subject: RG1-991 | Research Article | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Gynecology and obstetrics | Obstetrics and Gynaecology | Medicine(all) | RM
<p style="text-align:justify;"> <b>Background:</b>
The aim was to compare effectiveness of group versus individual sessions of physiotherapy in terms of symptoms, quality of life, and costs, and to investigate the effect of patient preference on uptake and outcome ... View more
1. Glew J: Continence. A woman's lot? Nursing Times 1986, 82(15):69-71.
2. Ashworth PD, Hagan MT: The meaning of incontinence: a qualitative study of non-geriatric urinary incontinence sufferers. Journal of Advanced Nursing 1993, 18(9):1415-1423.
3. Hannestad Y, Rortveit G, Sandvik H, Hunskaar S: A communitybased epidemiological survey of female urinary incontinence. The Norwegian EPINCONT study. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology 2000, 53:1150-1157.
4. Fenner D: Incontinence. In Danforth's Obstetrics & Gynecology 9th edition. Edited by: Scott JRGR, Karlan BY, Haney AF. Lippincott, Williams and Wilkins; 2003.
5. Luber KM, Boero S, Choe JY: The demographics of pelvic floor disorders: current observations and future projections. American Journal of Obstetrics & Gynecology 2001, 184(7):1496-1501. discussion 1501-1493
6. Berghmans LC, Hendriks HJ, De Bie RA, van Waalwijk van Doorn ES, Bo K, van Kerrebroeck PE: Conservative treatment of urge urinary incontinence in women: a systematic review of randomized clinical trials. BJU International 2000, 85(3):254-263.
7. Fantl JA, Wyman JF, McClish DK, Harkins SW, Elswick RK, Taylor JR, Hadley EC: Efficacy of bladder training in older women with urinary incontinence. JAMA 1991, 265(5):609-613.
8. Wallace SA, Roe B, Williams K, Palmer M: Bladder training for urinary incontinence in adults. [see comment] [update of Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2000;(2):CD001308 PMID: 10796768]. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2004:CD001308.
9. Cook T: Group treatment of female urinary incontinence: literature review. Physiotherapy 2001, 87(5):226-234.
10. Janssen CC, Lagro-Janssen AL, Felling AJ: The effects of physiotherapy for female urinary incontinence: individual compared with group treatment. BJU International 2001, 87(3):201-206.