Subject: Building construction | public procurement | building performance | facilities management | mixed mode ventilation | low carbon design | barriers to post-occupancy evaluation | TH1-9745 | Manchester civil justice centre
Manchester Civil Justice Centre is a striking contemporary 14 storey court building which has won awards for many different aspects of its design, construction and sustainability. From November 2002 to July 2005, the author was a key member of Denton Corker Marshall’s L... View more
1. Wikipedia. Manchester Civil Justice Centre. Available online: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Manchester_Civil_Justice_Centre (accessed on 21 November 2012).
2. Best British Buildings of the 21st Century-X. Blueprint, 14 January 2011; Available online: http://www.blueprintmagazine.co.uk/index.php/everything-else/best-british- buildings-of-the-21stcentury-x/ (accessed on 21 November 2012).
3. Baird, G. Sustainable Buildings in Practice: What the Users Think, 1st ed.; Routledge: New York, NY, USA, 2010; pp. 93-101.
4. Krausse, B.; Cook, M.; Lomas, K. Environmental Performance of a Naturally Ventilated City Library; De Montford University: Leicester, UK, 2006.
5. Bordass, W.; Leaman, A.; Eley, J.; A Guide to Feedback and Post Occupancy Evaluation; The Usable Buildings Trust: Bootham, UK, 2013. Available online: http://www.usablebuildings.co.uk/ (accessed on 9 April 2013).
6. Zimmerman, A.; Martin, M. Post-occupancy evaluation; benefits and barriers. Build. Res. Inf. 2001, 29, 168-174.
7. Hadjri, K.; Crozier, C. Post-occupancy evaluation; purpose, benefits and barriers. Facilities 2009, 27, 21-33.
8. Riley, M.; Moody, C.; Pitt, M. A Review of the Evolution of Post-Occupancy Evaluation as a Viable Performance Measurement Tool; Liverpool John Moore's University: Liverpool, UK, 2009.
9. Brand, S. How Buildings Learn, What Happens after They are Built; Penguin Books: Phoenix, AZ, USA, 1994.
10. Baird, G. Sustainable Buildings in Practice: What the Users Think, 1st ed.; Routledge: New York, NY, USA, 2010; pp. 1-3.