Subject: R858-859.7 | Computer applications to medicine. Medical informatics | Research | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Participation in daily physical activity (PA) post-stroke has not previously been investigated as a possible explanatory variable of health-related quality of life (HRQL). The aims were 1) to determine the contribution of daily PA to... View more
1. Bowling A: Measuring Disease: A Review of Disease-Specific Quality of Life Measurement Scales. Buckingham: Open University Press 1995.
2. Haacke C, Althaus A, Spottke A, Siebert U, Back T, Dodel R: Long-term outcome after stroke: evaluating health-related quality of life using utility measurements. Stroke 2006, 37:193-198.
3. Langhammer B, Stanghelle JK, Lindmark B: Exercise and health-related quality of life during the first year following acute stroke. A randomized controlled trial. Brain Inj 2008, 22:135-145.
4. Warburton DE, Nicol CW, Bredin SS: Health benefits of PA: the evidence. CMAJ 2006, 174:801-809.
5. Gordon NF, Gulanick M, Costa F, Fletcher G, Franklin BA, Roth EJ, Shephard T: PA and Exercise Recommendations for Stroke Survivors: An American Heart Association Scientific Statement from the Council on Clinical Cardiology, Subcommittee on Exercise, Cardiac Rehabilitation, and Prevention; the Council on Cardiovascular Nursing; the Council on Nutrition, PA, and Metabolism; and the Stroke Council. Circulation 2004, 109:2031-2041.
6. Kelly BM, Pangilinan PH, Rodriguez GM: The stroke rehabilitation paradigm. Phys Med Rehabil Clin N Am 2007, 18:631-650.
7. Paterson DH, Jones GR, Rice CL: Ageing and PA: evidence to develop exercise recommendations for older adults. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 2007, 32:S69-S108.
8. Ginis KAM, Hicks AL: Considerations for the development of a PA guide for Canadians with physical disabilities. Appl Physiol Nutr Metab 2007, 32: S135-S147.
9. Sawatzky R, Liu-Ambrose T, Miller WC, Marra CA: PA as a mediator of the impact of chronic conditions on quality of life in older adults. Health Qual Life Outcomes 2007, 5:68.
10. Ashe MC, Miller WC, Eng JJ, Noreau L: PA and Chronic Conditions Research Team. Older Adults, Chronic Disease and Leisure-Time PA. Gerontol 2009, 55:64-72.