Background: The immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase, which catalyzes the conversion of tryptophan into kynurenine, is expressed in a significant subset of patients with acute myeloid leukemia, resulting in the inhibition of T-cell proliferation and the i... View more
1. Mellor AL, Munn DH. Tryptophan catabolism and T-cell tolerance: immunosuppression by starvation? Immunol Today. 1999;20(10):469-73.
2. Frumento G, Rotondo R, Tonetti M, Damonte G, Benatti U, Ferrara GB. Tryptophan-derived catabolites are responcell proliferation induced by indoleaminae sible for inhibition of T and natural killer 2,3-dioxygenase. J Exp Med. 2002;1r96(4): 459-68. r e
3. Grohmann U, Fallarino F, Puccetti P. Tolerance, DCs and tryptophan: much ado about IDO. Trends Immunol. 2003;24(5):
5. Chen W, Liang X, Peterson AJ, Munn DH, Blazar BR. The indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase pathway is essential for human plasmacytoid dendritic cell-induced adaptive T regulatory cell generation. J Immunol. 2008;181(8):5396-404.
6. Sharma MD, Baban B, Chandler P, Hou DY, Singh N, Yagita H, et al. Plasmacytoid dendritic cells from mouse tumor-draining lymph nodes directly activate mature Tregs via indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. J Clin Invest. 2007;117(9):2570-82.
7. Jurgens B, Hainz U, Fuchs D, Felzmann T, Heitger A. Interferon-gamma-triggered indoleamine 2,3-doioxygenase competence in human montocyte-derived dendritic cells induces regulatory activity in allogeneic T
8. Chung SDJ,Rossi M, Romano E, Ghith J, cells. Blood. 2009;114(15):3235-43. Yuan J, Munn DH, et al. Indoleamine 2,3- amonocyte-derived dendritic cells expand dioxygenase-expressing mature human tpotent autologous regulatory T cells. Blood. 2009;114(3):555-63.
9. Uyttenhove C, Pilotte L, Theate I, Stroobant V, Colau D, Parmentier N, et al. Evidence for a tumoral immune resistance mechanism based on tryptophan degradation by indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. Nat Med. 2003;9(10):1269-74.
10. Curti A, Aluigi M, Pandolfi S, Ferri E, Isidori A, Salvestrini V, et al. Acute myeloid leukemia cells constitutively express the immunoregulatory enzyme indoleamine 2,3-dioxygenase. Leukemia. 2007;21(2): 353-5.