In the present study, berries of two different species of Solanaceae family, Withania somnifera (WS) and Solanum nigrum (SN), were extracted in methanol and then fractionated with solvents, ranging from non-polar to polar, for their phytochemical profiling and investiga... View more
1. S. K. Gediya, R. B. Mistry, U. K. Patel, M. Blessy and H. N. Jain, Herbal plants: Used as a cosmetics, J. Nat. Prod. Plant Resour. 1 (2011) 24-32.
2. S. Kumar and D. Kumar, Antioxidant and free radical scavenging activities of edible weeds, Afr. J. Food Agric. Nutr. Dev. 9 (2009) 1174-1190; htps://doi.org/10.4314./ajfand.v95i.45095
3. N. Dasgupta and B. De, Antioxidant activity of some leafy vegetables of India: A comparative study, Food Chem. 101 (2007) 471-474; htps://doi.org/10.1016/j.foodchem.2006.02.003
4. M. Brewer, Natural antioxidants: sources, compounds, mechanisms of action, and potential applications, Compr. Rev. Food Sci. Food Saf. 10 (2011) 221-247; htps://doi.org/10.1111/j.1541-4337.2011.00156.x
5. M. Valko, D. Leibfritz, J. Moncol, M. T. Cronin, M. Mazur and J. Telser, Free radicals and antioxidants in normal physiological functions and human disease, Int. J. Biochem. Cell Biol. 39 (2007) 44-84; htps:// doi:10.1016/j.biocel.2006.07.001
6. A. Jayachitra and N. Krithiga, Study on antioxidant property in selected medicinal plant extracts, Int. J. Med. Aromat Plants 2 (2012) 495-500.
7. S. E. Lee, H. J. Hwang, J.-S. Ha, H.-S. Jeong and J. H. Kim, Screening of medicinal plant extracts for antioxidant activity, Life Sci. 73 (2003) 167-179; htps://doi.org/10.1016/S0024-3205(03)00259-5
8. S. Albayrak, A. Aksoy, O. Sagdic and S. Albayrak, Antioxidant and antimicrobial activities of different extracts of some medicinal herbs consumed as tea and spices in Turkey, J. Food Biochem. 36 (2012) 547-554; htps://doi.org/10.1111/j.1745-4514.2011.00568.x
9. N. A. Khalaf, A. K. Shakya, A. Al-Othman, Z. El-Agbar and H. Farah, Antioxidant activity of some common plants, Turkish J. Biol. 32 (2008) 51-55.
10. Y.-J. Kim and H. Uyama, Tyrosinase inhibitors from natural and synthetic sources: structure, inhibition mechanism and perspective for the future, Cell. Mol. Life Sci. 62 (2005) 1707-1723; htps:// doi.org/10.1007/s00018-005-5054-y