Modeling Chemical Interaction Profiles: I. Spectral Data-Activity Relationship and Structure-Activity Relationship Models for Inhibitors and Non-inhibitors of Cytochrome P450 CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 Isozymes
Other literature type, ArticleEnglishOPEN
McPhail, Brooks; Tie, Yunfeng; Hong, Huixiao; Pearce, Bruce A.; Schnackenberg, Laura K.; Ge, Weigong; Valerio, Luis G.; Fuscoe, James C.; Tong, Weida; Buzatu, Dan A.; Wilkes, Jon G.; Fowler, Bruce A.; Demchuk, Eugene; Beger, Richard D.;
An interagency collaboration was established to model chemical interactions that may cause adverse health effects when an exposure to a mixture of chemicals occurs. Many of these chemicals—drugs, pesticides, and environmental pollutants—interact at the level of metaboli... View more
1. Zhou, S.-F. Drugs behave as substrates, inhibitors and inducers of human cytochrome P450 3A4. Curr. Drug Metab. 2008, 9, 310-322.
2. Cresteil, T. Onset of xenobiotic metabolism in children: toxicological implications. Food Addit. Contam. 1998, 15, 45-51.
3. Guengerich, F.P. Cytochrome P-450 3A4 regulation and role in drug metabolism. Annu. Rev. Pharmacol. Toxicol. 1999, 39, 1-17.
4. Zhou, S.-F.; Xue, C.C.; Yu, X.-Q.; Li, C.; Wang, G. Clinically important drug interactions potentially involving mechanism-based inhibition of cytochrome P450 3A4 and the role of therapeutic drug monitoring. Ther. Drug Monit. 2007, 29, 687-710.
5. Subehan; Usia, T.; Iwata, H.; Kadota, S.; Tezuka, Y. Mechanism-based inhibition of CYP3A4 and CYP2D6 by Indonesian medicinal plants. J. Ethnopharmacol. 2006, 105, 449-455.
6. Wang, B.; Yang, L.-P.; Zhang, X.-Z.; Huang, S.-Q.; Bartlam, M.; Zhou, S.-F. New insight into the structural characteristics and functional relevance of the human cytochrome P450 2D6 enzyme. Drug Metab. Rev. 2009, 41, 573-643.
7. Saraceno, M.; Coi, A.; Bianucci, A.M. Molecular modeling of human CYP2D6 and molecular docking of a series of ajmalicine- and quinidine-like inhibitors. Int. J. Biol. Macromol. 2008, 42, 362-371.
8. Faulx, M.D.; Francis, G.S. Adverse drug reactions in patients with cardiovascular disease. Curr. Probl. Cardiol. 2008, 33, 703-768.
9. Youdim, K.A.; Zayed, A.; Dickins, M.; Phipps, A.; Griffiths, M.; Darekar, A.; Hyland, R.; Fahmi, O.; Hurst, S.; Plowchalk, D.R.; et al. Application of CYP3A4 in vitro data to predict clinical drug-drug interactions; predictions of compounds as objects of interaction. Br. J. Clin. Pharmac. 2008, 65, 680-692.
10. Lynch, T.; Price, A. The effect of cytochrome P450 metabolism on drug response interactions, and adverse effects. Am. Fam. Physician 2007, 76, 391-396.