Subject: T | Computer Interactive Reminiscence and Conversation Aid (CIRCA) | dementia | psychosocial | Technology
Computer Interactive Reminiscence and Conversation Aid (CIRCA)is an interactive conversation support for people living with dementia. CIRCA facilitates one-to-one conversations and caregiving relationships in formal care environments. Originally developed as a standalon... View more
Prince, M.; Albanese, M.; Guerchet, E.; Prina, M. World Alzheimer Report; Alzheimer's Disease International: London, UK, 2014.
Alzheimer's Association. 2017 Alzheimer's Disease Facts and Figures; Alzheimer's Association: Chicago, IL, USA, 2017.
Egan, K.; Macleod, M. Two decades testing interventions in transgenic mouse models of Alzheimer's disease: Designing and interpreting studies for clinical trial success. Clin. Investig. 2014, 4, 693-704. [CrossRef] American Psychiatric Association. Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-5), 5th ed.; American Psychiatric Association Publishing: Washington, DC, USA, 2013.
Baddeley, A.; Logie, R.; Bressi, S.; della Sala, S.; Spinnler, H. Dementia and Working Memory. Q. J. Exp. Psychol. Sect. A 1986, 38, 603-618. [CrossRef]
Gold, C.A. Memory loss in Alzheimer's disease: Implications for development of therapeutics. Expert Rev. Neurother. 2009, 8, 1879-1891. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
7. Astell, A.J.; Ellis, M.P.; Bernardi, L.; Alm, N.; Dye, R.; Gowans, G.; Campbell, J. Using a touch screen computer to support relationships between people with dementia and caregivers. Interact. Comput. 2010, 22, 267-275. [CrossRef]
8. Alm, N.; Dye, R.; Gowans, G.; Campbell, J.; Astell, A.; Ellis, M. A communication support system for older people with dementia. Computer 2007, 40, 35-41. [CrossRef]
9. Searson, R.; Hendry, A.M.; Ramachandran, R.; Burns, A.; Purandare, N. Activities enjoyed by patients with dementia together with their spouses and psychological morbidity in carers. Aging Ment. Health 2008, 12, 276-282. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
10. Department of Health. Dementia: A State of the Nation Report on Dementia Care and Support in England; Department of Health: London, UK, 2013.
11. Spector, A.; Thorgrimsen, L.; Woods, B.; Royan, L.; Davies, S.; Butterworth, M.; Orrell, M. Efficacy of an evidence-based cognitive stimulation therapy programme for people with dementia: Randomised controlled trial. Br. J. Psychiatry 2003, 183, 248-254. [CrossRef] [PubMed]