Subject: Lithuania ; Accesibility of higher education ; Higher education ; The constitutional right to education ; The right to higher education | Accessibility | Higher education | Constitutional provision | 34 Teisė / Law | Free higher education
At present there is an unprecedented demand for and a great diversification in higher education, as well as an increased awareness of its vital importance for socio-cultural and economic development. The complexity of the right to education is especially at issue while ... View more
8. Racism, Racial Discrimination, Xenophobia and Related Intolerance in Education. The Case of Indigenous People in Guatemala // http://www.right-toeducation.org/sites/r2e.gn.apc.org/files/Case_Study_Guatemala.pdf (accessed June 5, 2010).
9. World Education Report 2000. The Right to Education. Towards education for all throughout life. World Conference on Education for All Meeting Basic Learning Needs (Jomtien, Thailand; March 5-9, 1990). Paris: UNESCO Publishing, 1994.
10. World Declaration on Higher Education for the Twenty - First Century: Vision and Action and Framework for Priority Action for Change and Development in Higher Education. 1998 // http://www.unesco.org/education/educprog/wche/declaration_eng.htm (accessed November 4, 2010).
6. European Convention on Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms. Official Gazette, 1995, no. 40-987.
7. European Social Charter (amended). Adopted on October 18, 1961. Official Gazette, 2001, no. 49-1704.
8. First Protocol of the European Convention of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms for ensuring some other rights and freedoms apart from those that are not foreseen in the latter. Official Gazette, 1996, no. 15-386.
9. Law on Fundamentals of Children Rights‟ Protection of the Republic of Lithuania. Official Gazette, 1996, no. 33-807.
10. Law on Higher Education of the Republic of Lithuania. Official Gazette, 2000, no. 27-715 [invalid as of 2009-05-12].
11. Law on Education and Science of the Republic of Lithuania. Official Gazette, 2009, no. 54-2140.
12. Law on Education of the Republic of Lithuania. Official Gazette, 1991, no. 23- 593 [as amended by the Law of Amendment of the Law on Education of Republic of Lithuania. Official Gazette, 2003, no. 63-2853].