Subject: Veterinary medicine | SF600-1100 | Research
mesheuropmc: health care economics and organizations
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Costs and benefits of two <it>Salmonella </it>control policies for broiler production were described and compared. The control options were the Zoonosis Directive 92/117/EC and the more intense strategy, the Finnish <it>Salmonella </... View more
Anonymous: Report to the European Commission and to the Council on the measures to be put in force for the control and prevention of zoonoses. 2001 [http://eur-lex.europa.eu/Lex UriServ/site/en/com/2001/com2001_0452en01.pdf].
2. SANCO/927/2002, Trends and sources of zoonotic agents in animals, feedstuffs, food and man in the European Union and Norway. European Commission. Health and Consumer Protection Directorate - General. .
3. Persson U, Jendteg S: The economic impact of poultry-borne salmonellosis: how much should be spent on prophylaxis? Int J Food Microbiol 1992, 15:207-213.
4. Baird-Parker AC: Foods and microbiological risks. 1993 Fred Griffith Review Lecture, Delivered at the 126th ordinary meeting of the Society for General Microbiology, 8 September 1993. Microbiology 1994, 140:687-695.
5. Frenzen P, Riggs TL, Buzby J, Breuer T, Roberts T, Voetch D, Reddy S, the FoodNet Working Group: Salmonella cost estimate updated using Food Net data. FoodReview 1999, 22:10-15.
6. Roberts JA, Cumberland P, Socket PN, Wheeler J, Rodrigues LC, Sethi D, Roderick PJ, on behalf of the infectious intestinal study executive: The study of infectious intestinal disease in England: socio-Economic impact. Epidemiol Infect 2003, 130:1-11.
7. National Public Health Institute (KTL): Tartuntataudit Suomessa 2000 (in Finnish) Kansanterveyslaitoksen julkaisuja KTL B 8. 2001.
8. Maijala R, Ranta J, Seuna E, Peltola J: The efficiency of the Finnish Salmonella Control Programme. Food Contr 2005, 16:669-675.
9. Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry (23/EEO/2001): Salmonella control programme for broilers and turkeys. (In Finnish and Swedish). [http://www.mmm.fi/el/laki/d/default.html]. D110
10. European Commission Decision (94/968/EC) approving the operational programme for the control of Salmonella in certain living animals and animal products presented by Finland. OJ of the European Communities L 371:36-37.