Subject: 1681 | e-cigarettes | Research | efficacy | perception | 1734 | community pharmacist | safety | regulations | pharmacy | Smoking and Tobacco | 1506 | 1724
mesheuropmc: education | health care economics and organizations
Objectives To seek community pharmacists' perception on use, safety and possible effectiveness of e-cigarettes as quit smoking tools, and their future regulation. Setting A survey of a sample of 154 community pharmacies across London, UK. Context E-cigarettes have exclu... View more
1. Bauld L, Angus K, de Andrade M. E-cigarette uptake and marketing. A report commissioned by Public Health England. https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/ attachment_data/file/311491/Ecigarette_uptake_and_marketing.pdf (accessed May 2016).
2. Sukkar E. Debate over e-cigarettes heats up as European parliament tightens rules. PJ Online 2014;292:223-4.
3. Sutfin EL, McCoy TP, Morrell HER, et al. Electronic cigarette use by college students. Drug Alcohol Depend 2013;131:214-21.
4. Pepper JK, Reiter PL, McRee AL, et al. Adolescent males' awareness of and willingness to try electronic cigarettes. J Adolescent Health 2013;52:144-50.
5. Cho JH, Shin E, Moon SS. Electronic-cigarette smoking experience among adolescents. J Adolescent Health 2011;49:542-6.
6. Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA). Press release: UK moves towards safe and effective electronic cigarettes and other nicotine-containing products. 2013 [3 screens]. http://www.firstwordpharma.com/node/1106890#axzz4AFJhMInP (accessed May 2016).
7. The Royal Pharmaceutical Society. Boots and Lloydspharmacy join the vaping fold by selling e-cigarettes. PJ Online 2014. http://www. pharmaceutical-journal.com/news-and-analysis/news/boots-andlloydspharmacy-join-the-vaping-fold-by-selling-e-cigarettes/ 11134333.article (accessed May 2016).
8. Ridge KW. A matter of concern. Opinion/letter section. PJ Online 2014;292:473.
9. McNeill A, Brose LS, Calder R, et al. E-cigarettes: an evidence update. A report commissioned by Public Health England. https:// www.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/ file/457102/Ecigarettes_an_evidence_update_A_report_ commissioned_by_Public_Health_England_FINAL.pdf (accessed Aug 2016).
10. Hiscock R, Goniewicz ML, McEwen A, et al. E-cigarettes: online survey of UK smoking cessation practitioners. Tob Induc Dis 2014;12:13.