Residual motion of the arm cavity mirrors is expected to prove one of the principal impediments to systematic lock acquisition in advanced gravitational-wave interferometers. We present a technique which overcomes this problem by employing auxiliary lasers at twice the ... View more
10. N. A. Robertson, B. Abbott, R. Abbott, R. Adhikari, G. S. Allen, H. Armandula, S. M. Aston, A. Baglino, M. Barton, B. Bland, R. Bork, J. Bogenstahl, G. Cagnoli, C. Campbell, C. A. Cantley, K. Carter, D. Cook, D. Coyne, D. R. Crooks, E. J. Daw, D. B. DeBra, E. Elliffe, J. Faludi, P. Fritschel, A. Ganguli, J. A. Giaime, S. Gossler, A. Grant, J. Greenhalgh, M. Hammond, J. Hanson, C. Hardham, G. M. Harry, A. Heptonstall, J. Heefner, J. Hough, D. Hoyland, W. Hua, L. Jones, R. Jones, J. E. Kern, J. LaCour, B. T. Lantz, K. Lilienkamp, N. Lockerbie, H. Lu¨ck, M. MacInnis, K. Mailand, K. Mason, R. Mittleman, S. A. Nayfeh, J. Nichol, D. J. Ottaway, H. Overmier, M. Perreur-Lloyd, J. Phinney, M. V. Plissi, W. Rankin, D. I. Robertson, J. Romie, S. Rowan, R. Scheffler, D. H. Shoemaker, P. Sarin, P. H. Sneddon, C. C. Speake, O. Spjeld, G. Stapfer, K. A. Strain, C. I. Torrie, G. Traylor, J. van Niekerk, A. Vecchio, S. Wen, P. Willems, I. Wilmut, H. Ward, M. Zucker, and L. Zuo, “Seismic isolation and suspension systems for Advanced LIGO,” in Gravitational Wave and Particle Astrophysics Detectors, J. Hough and G. H. Sanders, eds., Proc. SPIE 5500, 81-91 (2004).
11. J. Miller, M. Evans, L. Barsotti, P. Fritschel, M. MacInnis, R. Mittleman, B. Shapiro, J. Soto, and C. Torrie, “Damping parametric instabilities in future gravitational wave detectors by means of electrostatic actuators,” Phys. Lett. A 375, 788 - 794 (2011).
12. D. A. Shaddock, “Digitally enhanced heterodyne interferometry,” Opt. Lett. 32, 3355-3357 (2007).
13. R. W. P. Drever and S. J. Augst, “Extension of gravity-wave interferometer operation to low frequencies,” Classical Quant. Grav. 19, 2005-2011 (2002).
14. M. Principe, “Noise Modeling and Reduction in Gravitational Wave Detection Experiments,” Ph.D. thesis, University of Sannio, Benevento (2010).
15. A. Villar, E. Black, G. Ogin, T. Chelermsongsak, R. DeSalvo, I. Pinto, and M. Principe, “Loss angles from the direct measurement of Brownian noise in coatings,” presented at the LSC-Virgo meeting, Krakow, Poland, 20-24 Sept. 2010.
16. D. Shaddock, B. Ware, P. G. Halverson, R. E. Spero, and B. Klipstein, “Overview of the LISA phasemeter,” AIP Conf. Proc. 873, 654-660 (2006).
17. L.-S. Ma, P. Jungner, J. Ye, and J. L. Hall, “Delivering the same optical frequency at two places: accurate cancellation of phase noise introduced by an optical fiber or other time-varying path,” Opt. Lett. 19, 1777-1779 (1994).
18. A. J. Mullavey, B. J. J. Slagmolen, D. A. Shaddock, and D. E. McClelland, “Stable transfer of an optical frequency standard via a 4.6 km optical fiber,” Opt. Exp. 18, 5213-5220 (2010).
19. B. J. J. Slagmolen, P. Fritschel, D. Sigg, J. Miller, A. J. Mullavey, S. J. Waldman, M. Evans, K. Arai, A. F. Brooks, D. Yeaton-Massey, L. Barsotti, R. Adhikari, and D. E. McClelland, “Arm-Length Stabilisation for Advanced LIGO lock acquisition,” In preparation (2011).