Subject: R | hydrological components | land use management | adaptation | Medicine | Article | climate change
The adaptation of land-use patterns is an essential aspect of minimizing the inevitable impact of climate change at regional and local scales; for example, adapting watershed land-use patterns to mitigate the impact of climate change on a region’s hydrology. The objecti... View more
3. Pyke, C.R.; Andelman, S.J. Land use and land cover tools for climate adaptation. Climatic Change 2007, 80, 239-251.
4. Dibike, Y.B.; Coulibaly, P. Hydrologic impact of climate change in the saguenay watershed: Comparison of downscaling methods and hydrologic models. J. Hydrol. 2005, 307, 145-163.
5. Tomer, M.D.; Schilling, K.E. A simple approach to distinguish land-use and climate-change effects on watershed hydrology. J. Hydrol. 2009, 376, 24-33.
6. Dale, V. The relationship between land-use change and climate change. Ecol. Appl. 1997, 7, 753-769.
7. Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC). Climate Change 2001: Working Group II: Impacts, Adaptation and Vulnerability. Available online: http://www.grida.no/publications/other/ipcc_tar/?src=/climate/ipcc_tar/wg2/index.htm (accessed on 1 November 2012).
8. Adger, W.N.; Arnell, N.W.; Tompkins, E.L. Successful adaptation to climate change across scales. Global Environ.Change 2005, 15, 77-86.
9. Engle, N.L.; Lemos, M.C. Unpacking governance: Building adaptive capacity to climate change of river basins in Brazil. Global Environ. Change 2010, 20, 4-13.
10. Quilbé, R.; Rousseau, A.N.; Moquet, J.S.; Savary, S.; Ricard, S.; Garbouj, M.S. Hydrological responses of a watershed to historical land use evolution and future land use scenarios under climate change conditions. Hydrol. Earth Syst. Sci. 2009, 12, 101-110.
11. Lin, Y.P.; Hong, N.M.; Wu, P.J.; Lin, C.J. Modeling and assessing land-use and hydrological processes to future land-use and climate change scenarios in watershed land-use planning. Environ. Geol. 2007, 53, 623-634.
12. Notter, B.L.; MacMillan, D.V.; Weingartner, R.; Liniger, H.P. Impacts of environmental change on water resources in the Mt. Kenya region. J. Hydrol. 2007, 343, 266-278…