Introduction: Mentorship has been noted as critical to medical students adapting to clinical training in the medical workplace. A lack of infrastructure in a mentoring program might deter relationship building between mentors and mentees. This study assessed the effect ... View more
1. Buddeberg-Fischer B, Herta KD. Formal mentoring programmes for medical students and doctors a review of the Medline literature. Med Teach 2006; 28: 248 57.
2. Frei E, Stamm M, Buddeberg-Fischer B. Mentoring programs for medical students a review of the PubMed literature 2000 2008. BMC Med Educ 2010; 10: 32.
3. Levy BD, Katz JT, Wolf MA, Sillman JS, Handin RI, Dzau VJ. An initiative in mentoring to promote residents' and faculty members' careers. Acad Med 2004; 79: 845 50.
4. Ramanan RA, Phillips RS, Davis RB, Silen W, Reede JY. Mentoring in medicine: keys to satisfaction. Am J Med 2002; 112: 336 41.
5. Standing Committee on Postgraduate Medical and Dental Education. Supporting doctors and dentists at work: an enquiry into mentoring. London: SCOPME; 1998.
6. Kaderli RM, Klasen JM, Businger AP. Mentoring in general surgery in Switzerland. Med Educ Online 2015; 20: 27528, doi: http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/meo.v20.27528
7. Bozeman B, Feeney MK. Toward a useful theory of mentoring: a conceptual analysis and critique. Adm Soc 2007; 39: 719 39.
8. Sundgren PC. Mentoring radiology residents in clinical and translational research. Acad Radiol 2012; 19: 1110 13.
9. Prince KJ, Van De Wiel M, Scherpbier AJ, Can Der Vleuten CP, Boshuizen HP. A qualitative analysis of the transition from theory to practice in undergraduate training in a PBL-Medical School. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract 2000; 5: 105 16.
10. Teunissen PW, Westerman M. Opportunity or threat: the ambiguity of the consequences of transitions in medical education. Med Educ 2011; 45: 51 9.