Subject: Epidemiology | Research Article | R5-920 | Medicine (General)
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Community-based recruitment is challenging particularly if the sampling frame is not easily defined as in the case of people who drink rainwater. Strategies for contacting participants must be carefully considered to maximise general... View more
1. Sinclair MI, Leder K, Chapman H: Public health aspects of rainwater tanks in urban Australia. Occasional Paper 10 2005:1-88 [http:/ /www.waterquality.crc.org.au]. CRC for Water Quality and Treatment
2. Hoque BA, Hoque MM, Ahmed T, Islam S, Azad AK, Ali N, Hossain M, Hossain MS: Demand-based water options for arsenic mitigation: an experience from rural Bangladesh. Public Health 2004, 118(1):70-77.
3. ABS: Environmental Issues: People's Views and Practices. Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2007.
4. Department of Sustainability and Environment, Department of Human Services: Rainwater use in and around the home. 2006 [http://www.pic.vic.gov.au/resources/documents/DSE0603.pdf]. Melbourne, Australia: Victorian Government Department of Sustainability and Environment
5. NSW Department of Health: Rainwater Tanks Brochure. 2007 [http://www.health.nsw.gov.au/pubs/2007/rainwater_tanks.html]. Sydney, Australia: New South Wales Department of Health
6. Abbott S, Douwes J, Caughley BP: A survey of the microbiological quality of roof-collected rainwater of private dwellings in New Zealand. In Water 2006 International Conference Auckland, New Zealand; 2006.
7. Ministry of Health: Guides on the Specific Components of a Water Supply: Roof Water Sources. Wellington, New Zealand: Ministry of Health; 2001.
8. Ministry of Health: Annual Review of the Microbiological and Chemical Quality of Drinking-Water in New Zealand 2002. Wellington: Ministry of Health; 2003.
9. ABS: 2006 Census Community Profile Series: Adelaide (Major Statistical Region). Canberra: Australian Bureau of Statistics; 2008.
10. Hernan J, Ed: State of the News Print Media in Australia - a supplement to the 2006 report Sydney, Australia: Australian Press Council; 2007.