Subject: Research Article | Cognitive Psychology | Diagnostic Medicine | Clinical Neurophysiology | Mathematics | Anatomy | Motivation | Mathematical and Statistical Techniques | Brain Electrophysiology | Head | Bioassays and Physiological Analysis | Interpersonal Relationships | Physical Sciences | Psychology | Analysis of Variance | Scalp | Behavior | Brain Mapping | Electroencephalography | Statistics (Mathematics) | Biology and Life Sciences | Emotions | Neuroscience | Research and Analysis Methods | Physiology | Medicine | Neuroimaging | Q | R | Electrophysiology | Imaging Techniques | Collective Human Behavior | Social Sciences | Science | Electrophysiological Techniques | Event-Related Potentials | Medicine and Health Sciences | Neurophysiology | Statistical Methods | Cognitive Science
textabstractLove feelings can be more intense than desired (e.g., after a break-up) or less intense than desired (e.g., in long-Term relationships). If only we could control our love feelings! We present the concept of explicit love regulation, which we define as the us... View more
1. Carver K, Joyner K, Udry JR. National estimates of adolescent romantic relationships. In: Florsheim P, editor. Adolescent Romantic Relations and Sexual Behavior: Theory, Research, and Practical Implications Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates Publishers 2003. p. 23-56.
2. Fisher HE, Aron A, Mashek D, Li H, Brown LL. Defining the brain systems of lust, romantic attraction, and attachment Archives of Sexual Behavior. 2002; 31:413-9. PMID: 12238608
3. Kim HK, McKenry PC. The relationship between marriage and psychological well-being. Journal of Family Issues. 2002; 23:885-911.
4. Marazziti D, Canale D. Hormonal changes when falling in love. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2004; 29:931-6. PMID: 15177709
5. De Silva P. Jealousy in couple relationships: Nature, assessment, and therapy. Behaviour Research and Therapy. 1997; 35:973-85. PMID: 9431727
6. Leary MR, Koch EJ, Hechenbleikner NR. Emotional responses to interpersonal rejection. In: Leary M, editor. Interpersonal rejection. Oxford: Oxford University Press; 2001. p. 145-66.
7. Amato PR. The consequences of divorce for adults and children. Journal of Marriage and Family. 2004; 62:1269-87.
8. Monroe S, Rohde P, Seeley J, Lewinsohn P. Life events and depression in adolescence: Relationship loss as a prospective risk factor for first onset of major depressive disorder. Journal of Abnormal Psychology. 1999; 108:606-14. PMID: 10609425
9. Lee JA. A topology of styles of loving. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin. 1977; 3:173-82.
Sternberg RJ. A triangular theory of love. Psychological Review. 1986; 93:119-35.