Subject: cardiovascular disease | RC666-701 | Diseases of the circulatory (Cardiovascular) system | Review | collagenases | gelatinases | TIMP | Vascular Health and Risk Management
Jonathan Jaoude,1 Yunsuk Koh2 1Department of Biology, 2Department of Health, Human Performance, and Recreation, Baylor University, Waco, TX, USA Abstract: Matrix metalloproteinases (MMPs) are zinc- and calcium-dependent endoproteinases that have the ability to break dow... View more
5. Puente XS, Sanchez LM, Overall CM, Lopez-Otin C. Human and mouse proteases: a comparative genomic approach. Nat Rev Genet. 2003; 4(7):544-558.
6. Sekhon B. Matrix metalloproteinase - an overview. Res Rep Biol. 2010; 1:1-20.
7. Chaudhary AK, Singh M, Bharti AC, Asotra K, Sundaram S, Mehrotra R. Genetic polymorphisms of matrix metalloproteinases and their inhibitors in potentially malignant and malignant lesions of the head and neck. J Biomed Sci. 2010;17:10.
8. Kadoglou NP, Liapis CD. Matrix metalloproteinases: contribution to pathogenesis, diagnosis, surveillance and treatment of abdominal aortic aneurysms. Curr Med Res Opin. 2004;20(4):419-432.
9. Cho C, Bunch DO, Faure JE, et al. Fertilization defects in sperm from mice lacking fertilin beta. Science. 1998;281(5384):1857-1859.
10. Van Wart HE, Birkedal-Hansen H. The cysteine switch: a principle of regulation of metalloproteinase activity with potential applicability to the entire matrix metalloproteinase gene family. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 1990;87(14):5578-5582.