International audience; The transport properties of few-layer graphene are the directly result of a peculiar band structure near the Dirac point. Here, for epitaxial graphene grown on SiC, we determine the effect of charge transfer from the SiC substrate on the local de... View more
1. Geim, A. K. & Grigorieva, I. V. Van der Waals heterostructures. Nature 499, 419-425 (2013).
2. Velez-Fort, E. et al. Edge state in epitaxial nanographene on 3C-SiC(100)/Si(100) substrate. Appl. Phys. Lett. 103, 083101 (2013).
3. Nakada, K., Fujita, M., Dresselhaus, G. & Dresselhaus, M. Edge state in graphene ribbons: Nanometer size eefct and edge shape dependence. Phys. Rev. B. Condens. Matter 54, 17954-17961 (1996).
4. Latil, S. & Henrard, L. Charge Carriers in Few-Layer Graphene Films. Phys. Rev. Lett. 97, 036803 (2006).
5. Zou, K., Zhang, F., Clapp, C., MacDonald, A. H. & Zhu, J. Transport studies of dual-gated ABC and ABA trilayer graphene: band gap opening and band structure tuning in very large perpendicular electric fields. Nano Lett . 13, 369-73 (2013).
6. Yuan, S., Roldán, R. & Katsnelson, M. I. Landau level spectrum of ABA- and ABC-stacked trilayer graphene. Phys. Rev. B 84, 125455 (2011).
7. Castro, E. V. et al. Biased Bilayer Graphene: Semiconductor with a Gap Tunable by the Electric Field Efect. Phys. Rev. Lett. 99, 216802-4 (2007).
8. Lalmi, B. et al. Flower-shaped domains and wrinkles in trilayer epitaxial graphene on silicon carbide. Sci. Rep. 4, 4066 (2014).
9. Coletti, C. et al. Revealing the electronic band structure of trilayer graphene on SiC: An angle-resolved photoemission study. Phys. Rev. B 88, 155439-6 (2013).
10. Bao, W. et al. Stacking-dependent band gap and quantum transport in trilayer graphene. Nat. Phys. 7, 948-952 (2011).