Subject: interprofessional | evidence based healthcare | systems | service delivery | team | Veterinary medicine | SF600-1100
<p class="AbstractSummary"><strong>Objective: </strong></p><p class="AbstractSummary">To highlight the importance of evidence-based research, not only for the consideration of clinical diseases and individual patient treatment, but also for investigating complex healthc... View more
1. Arlt, S. P. Haimerl, P. and Heuwieser, W. (2012) Training evidence-based veterinary medicine by collaborative development of critically appraised topics. Journal of Veterinary Medical Education, 39 (2), pp. 111-8 http://dx.doi.org/10.3138/jvme.1111.112R
2. Braun, V. and Clarke, V. (2006) Using thematic analysis in psychology. Qualitative Research in Psychology, 3 (2), pp. 77-101 http://dx.doi.org/10.1191/1478088706qp063oa
3. Cockcroft, P. D. and Holmes, M. A. (2003) Handbook of Evidence-Based Veterinary Medicine. Oxford, UK: Blackwell Publishing Ltd.
4. Collin, K. Paloniemi, S. and Mecklin, J. (2010) Promoting inter-professional teamwork and learning - the case of a surgical operating theatre. Journal of Education and Work, 23 (1), pp. 43- 63 http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13639080903495160
5. de Buck, P. D. M. et al. (2002) Communication between Dutch rheumatologists and occupational physicians in the occupational rehabilitation of patients with rheumatic diseases. Annals of the Rheumatic Diseases, 61 (1), pp. 62-65 http://dx.doi.org/10.1136/ard.61.1.62
6. Engeström, Y. (2008) From Teams to Knots: Activity-theoretical studies of collaboration and learning at work. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.
7. Gallagher, T. et al. (2003) Patients' and Physicians' Attitudes Regarding the Disclosure of Medical Errors. JAMA, 289 (8), pp. 1001-1007.
8. Gawande, A. (2007). Better. London: Profile Books Ltd.
9. Gawande, A. (2011). The Checklist Manifesto: How to Get Things Right. London, UK: Profile Books Ltd.
10. Hutchins, E. (1995). Cognition in the Wild. Cambridge: Massachusetts Institute of Technology.