Subject: treatment | RG1-991 | International Journal of Women's Health | Review | Gynecology and obstetrics | polycystic ovary syndrome
Ahmed Badawy1 Abubaker Elnashar21Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Mansoura University, Mansoura, Egypt; 2Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology, Benha University, Benha, EgyptAbstract: Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) is the most common endocrine disorder in wo... View more
1. Speroff L, Fritz MA. Anovulation and the polycystic ovary. In: Speroff L, Fritz MA, editors. Clinical Gynecologic Endocrinology and Infertility. 7th ed. Philadelphia (PA): Lippincott Williams & Wilkins; 2005:470-483.
2. Azziz R. Diagnostic criteria for polycystic ovary syndrome: a reappraisal. Fertil Steril. 2005;83(5):1343-1346.
3. Lakhani K, Prelevic GM, Seifalian AM, Atiomo WU, Hardiman P. Polycystic ovary syndrome, diabetes and cardiovascular disease: risks and risk factors. J Obstet Gynaecol. 2004;24(6):613-621.
4. Ehrmann DA. Polycystic ovary syndrome. N Engl J Med. 2005;352(12): 1223-1236.
5. Dunaif A. Insulin resistance and the polycystic ovary syndrome: mechanism and implications for pathogenesis. Endocr Rev. 1997;18(6): 774-800.
6. Rotterdam ESHRE/ASRM-Sponsored PCOS Consensus Workshop Group. Revised 2003 consensus on diagnostic criteria and long-term health risks related to polycystic ovary syndrome. Fertil Steril. 2004; 81(1):19-25.
7. Azziz R, Carmina E, Dewailly D, et al. Position statement: criteria for defining polycystic ovary syndrome as a predominantly hyperandrogenic syndrome: an Androgen Excess Society guideline. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2006;91(11):4237-4245.
8. Adams JM, Taylor AE, Crowley WF Jr, Hall JE. Polycystic ovarian morphology with regular ovulatory cycles: insights into the pathophysiology of polycystic ovarian syndrome. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2004; 89(9):4343-4350.
9. Barber TM, Wass JA, McCarthy MI, Franks S. Metabolic characteristics of women with polycystic ovaries and oligo-amenorrhoea but normal androgen levels: implications for the management of polycystic ovary syndrome. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2007;66(4):513-517.
10. Pasquali R, Pelusi C, Genghini S, Cacciari M, Gambineri A. Obesity and reproductive disorders in women. Hum Reprod Update. 2003;9(4): 359-372.