Hospital admission planning to optimize major resources utilization under uncertainty
Conference object, ReportEnglishOPEN
Dellaert, N.P.; Jeunet, J.;
Publisher: HAL CCSD
Subject: integer linear programming | [INFO]Computer Science [cs] | intensive and medium care resources allocation | tactical plan | operational schedule | operation theatre planning | patient mix
International audience; Admission policies for elective inpatient services mainly result in the management of a single resource: the operating theatre as it is commonly considered as the most critical and expensive resource in a hospital. However, other bottleneck resou... View more
1. Hans, E., Wullink, G., van Houdenhoven, M., Kazemir, G., 2008. Robust surgery loading. European Journal of Operational Research, 185 (3), 1038- 1050.
2. Belien, J., Demeulemeester, E., 2007. Building cyclic master surgery schedules with leveled resulting bed occupancy. European Journal of Operational Research, 176, 1185-1204.
3. Ridge, J., Jones, S., Nielsen, M., Shahani, A., 1998. Capacity planning for intensive care unit. European Journal of Operational Research, 105, 346-355.
4. Utley, M., Gallivan, S., Treasure, T., Valencia, O, 2003. Analytical methods for calculating the capacity required to operate an effective booked admissions policy for elective inpatient services. Health Care Management Science, 6, 97- 104.
5. Guinet, A., Chaabane, S., 2003. Operating theatre planning. International Journal of Production Economics, 85, 69-81.
6. Adan, I., Vissers, J., 2002. Patient mix optimisation in hospital admission planning: a case study. International Journal of Operations and Production Management, 22, 445-461.
7. Vissers, J., Adan, I., Dellaert, N., 2007. Developing a platform for comparison of hospital admission systems: An Illustration. European Journal of Operational Research, 180, 1290-1301.
8. Vissers, J., Adan, I., Bekkers, J., 2005. Patient mix optimization in cardiothoracic surgery planning: a case study. IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, 16, 281-304.