Subject: global health | humanitarian law | Law | K | food security law | trade law | environmental law | global health; trade law; food security law; environmental law; humanitarian law; refugee law | refugee law
Today’s global health challenges require a multi-sectoral approach in which health is a fundamental value within global governance and international law. “One Health, One World” provides a unified, harmonious vision of global health governance that supports the wellbein... View more
15. Moore, M. The Case for the 'Open Society' and the Role the WTO Plays. Address to the Australia-Israel Chamber of Commerce, Adelaide, Australia, 2 February 2001. Available online: http://www.wto.org/english/news_e/spmm_e/spmm51_e.htm (accessed on 2 June 2011).
16. Blouin, C.; Drager, N.; Smith, R. International Trade in Health Services and the GATS; The World Bank: Washington, DC, USA, 2006.
17. WHO; WTO. WTO Agreements and Public Health: A Joint Study by the WHO and WTO Secretariat; WTO Secretariat: Geneva, Switzerland, 2002. Available online: http://www.wto.org/english/res_e/booksp_e/who_wto_e.pdf (accessed on 20 February 2012).
18. Bloche, M.G.; Jungman, E.R. Health policy and the WTO. J. Law Med. Ethics 2003, 31, 529-545.
19. Bettcher, D.; Yach, D.; Guindon, G.E. Global trade and health: Key linkages and future challenges. Bull. WHO 2000, 78, 521-534.
20. Labonte, R.; Sanger, M. Glossary on the world trade organisation and public health: Part 2. J. Epidemiol. Community Health 2006, 60, 738-744.
21. Understanding the WTO Agreement on Sanitary and Phytosanitary Measures. WTO: Geneva, Switzerland, 1998. Available online: http://www.wto.org/english/tratop_e/sps_e/spsund_e.htm (accessed on 6 June 2011).
22. Baldwin, R.E. Multilateralising regionalism: Spaghetti bowls as building blocs on the path to global free trade. World Econ. 2006, 29, 1451-1518.
23. Marrakesh Agreement Establishing the World Trade Organization (1994). Entered into Force 1 January 1995; 1867 U.N.T.S. 410; art. 5.
24. International Intergovernmental Organizations Granted Observer Status to WTO Bodies. WTO: Geneva, Switzerland, 2012. Available online: http://www.wto.org/english/thewto_e/ igo_obs_e.htm (accessed on 6 June 2011).