Subject: Research Article | sports | RA1-1270 | Children | Public aspects of medicine | RA0421 | Write draw show and tell | Physical activity | Parents | Independent mobility | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
Background\ud Research to increase children’s physical activity and inform intervention design has, to date, largely underrepresented children’s voices. Further, research has been limited to singular qualitative methods that overlook children’s varied linguistic ability... View more
1. Biddle SJH, Asare M. Physical activity and mental health in children and adolescents: a review of reviews. Br J Sports Med. 2011;45(11):886-95.
2. Janssen I, LeBlanc AG. Systematic review of the health benefits of physical activity and fitness in school-aged children and youth. Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act. 2010;7:40.
3. Andersen LB, Bugge A, Dencker M, Eiberg S, El-Naaman B. The association between physical activity, physical fitness and development of metabolic disorders. Int J Pediatr Obes. 2011;6(S1):29-34.
4. Hills AP, Andersen LB, Byrne NM. Physical activity and obesity in children. Br J Sports Med. 2011;45:866-70.
5. Department of Health. Start Active, Stay Active. A report on physical activity for health from the four home countries' Chief Medical Officers. London: Department of Health; 2011.
6. Bugge A, El-Naaman B, McMurray RG, Froberg K, Andersen LB. Tracking of clustered cardiovascular disease risk factors from childhood to adolescence. Pediatr Res. 2013;73(2):245-9.
7. Marmot M. Fair Society, Healthy Lives. The Marmot Review. Strategic Review of Health Inequalities in England post 2010. London: The Marmot Review; 2010.
8. Telama R. Tracking of Physical Activity from Childhood to Adulthood: A Review. Obes Facts. 2009;3:187-95.
9. Sallis F, Owen N, Fisher EB. Ecological Models of Health Behavior. In: Glanz K, Rimer BK, Vismanath K, editors. Health behavior and health education: theory, research, and practice. 4th ed. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass; 2008. p. 464-85.
10. Welk GJ. The youth physical activity promotion model: A conceptual bridge theory and practice. Quest. 1999;51:5-23.