Subject: nonesterified fatty acids | glucose | insulin | amino acid | RC581-951 | Targets and Therapy [Diabetes, Metabolic Syndrome and Obesity] | Original Research | triglycerides | zinc | Specialties of internal medicine
Samir Samman,1 Ben Crossett,2 Miles Somers,1 Kirstine J Bell,1 Nicole T Lai,1,3 David R Sullivan,3 Peter Petocz4 1Discipline of Nutrition and Metabolism, 2Discipline of Proteomics and Biotechnology, School of Molecular Bioscience, University of Sydney, Sydney, NSW, Aust... View more
1. Gannon MC, Nuttall FQ. Amino acid ingestion and glucose metabolism - a review. IUBMB Life. 2010;62(9):660-668.
2. Newsholme P, Abdulkader F, Rebelato E, et al. Amino acids and diabetes: implications for endocrine, metabolic and immune function. Front Biosci (Landmark Ed). 2011;16:315-339.
3. Lucca A, Lucini V, Piatti E, Ronchi P, Smeraldi E. Plasma tryptophan levels and plasma tryptophan/neutral amino acids ratio in patients with mood disorder, patients with obsessive-compulsive disorder, and normal subjects. Psychiatry Res. 1992;44(2):85-91.
4. Stettler N, Murphy MM, Barraj LM, Smith KM, Ahima RS. Systematic review of clinical studies related to pork intake and metabolic syndrome or its components. Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes. 2013;6:347-357.
5. Murphy KJ, Thomson RL, Coates AM, Buckley JD, Howe PR. Effects of eating fresh lean pork on cardiometabolic health parameters. Nutrients. 2012;4(7):711-723.
6. Mikkelsen PB, Toubro S, Astrup A. Effect of fat-reduced diets on 24-h energy expenditure: comparisons between animal protein, vegetable protein, and carbohydrate. Am J Clin Nutr. 2000;72(5): 1135-1141.
7. Samman S, Khosla P, Carroll KK. Effects of dietary casein and soy protein on metabolism of radiolabelled low density apolipoprotein B in rabbits. Lipids. 1989;24(3):169-172.
8. Kritchevsky D, Tepper SA, Czarnecki SK, Klurfeld DM. Atherogenicity of animal and vegetable protein. Inuflence of the lysine to arginine ratio. Atherosclerosis. 1982;41(2-3):429-431.
9. Kritchevsky D. Vegetable protein and atherosclerosis. J Am Oil Chem Soc. 1979;56(3):135-140.
10. Adams MR, McCredie R, Jessup W, Robinson J, Sullivan D, Celermajer DS. Oral L-arginine improves endothelium-dependent dilatation and reduces monocyte adhesion to endothelial cells in young men with coronary artery disease. Atherosclerosis. 1997;129(2):261-269.