Subject: Social determinants of health | Research Article | RA1-1270 | Public aspects of medicine | Health equity | Child and youth health policy | Public Health, Environmental and Occupational Health
Abstract Background There is a significant body of evidence that highlights the importance of addressing the social determinants of child and youth health. In order to tackle health inequities Australian governments are being called upon to take action in this area at a... View more
1. Australian Early Development Index Report. Australian Federal Government, 2012. https://www.aedc.gov.au/. Accessed 21 April 2015.
2. Australian Institute of Health and Welfare (AIHW). A picture of Australia's children report. Australian Government, Canberra. 2012. http://www.aihw.gov. au/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=10737423340. Accessed 21 April 2015.
3. ARACY Report Card: The Well Being of Young Australians. Canberra. 2013. http://www.aracy.org.au/documents/item/104. Accessed 21 April 2015.
4. UNICEF. Listen to the Children: Child's Rights NGO Report. In: Taskforce CsR (ed). Australia: UNICEF. 2011. http://www.ncylc.org.au/images/2011report. pdf. Accessed 21 April 2015.
5. Dahlgren G, Whitehead M. European strategies for tackling social inequities in health: levelling up (part 2). Copenhagen: WHO Europe; 2006.
6. NCCAH (2014). The rights of first nations children in Canada, http://www. nccah-ccnsa.ca/Publications/Lists/Publications/Attachments/124/Rights_ First_Nations_Children_EN_web.pdf. Accessed 25th January 2016.
7. Mustard F. Investing in the Early Years: Closing the gap between what we know and what we do. Final report. Adelaide Thinker in Residence, Department of the Premier and Cabinet, South Australia. 2007. http://portal. oas.org/LinkClick. aspx?fileticket=aEhWqJbJgG8%3D&tabid=1318&language=en-US. Accessed May 5th 2015.
8. Irwin LG, Siddiqi A and Hertzman C. Early Childhood Development: A Powerful Equaliser, Final Report. WHO. 2007. http://www.globalhealthequity. ca/electronic%20library/Early%20Child%20 Develpoment%20A%20Powerful%20Equalizer%20Final%20Report.pdf. Accessed 21 April 2015.
9. Eckersley R. Never better-or getting worse: the health and well being of young Australians. Report, Australia 21. 2008. http://www.rch.org.au/ uploadedFiles/Main/Content/ccch/CPH_D1_L3_Never_Better_Getting_ Worse.pdf. Accessed 21 April 2015.
10. MacDougall C, Riggs E, and Lee V. Writing a new story for Australia's children. ANZJPH 2014;38:203-204.