Insecticidal and sterilizing effect of Olyset Duo (R), a permethrin and pyriproxyfen mixture net against pyrethroid-susceptible and -resistant strains of Anopheles gambiae s.s. : a release-recapture assay in experimental huts
Subject: Anopheles gambiae s.s | Research Article | Bed net | RC109-216 | Infectious and parasitic diseases | Pyrethroid | Resistance | Insect growth regulator
mesheuropmc: parasitic diseases
In the context of the widespread distribution of pyrethroid resistance among malaria vectors, we did a release-recapture trial in experimental huts to investigate the insecticidal and sterilizing effects of a novel long-lasting net (LN), Olyset (R) Duo, incorporating a ... View more
1. Aiku AO, Yates A, Rowland M. 2006. Laboratory evaluation of pyriproxifen treated bednets on mosquito fertility and fecundity. A preliminary study. West African Journal of Medicine, 25, 22-26.
2. Asidi A, N'Guessan R, Akogbeto M, Curtis C, Rowland M. 2012. Loss of household protection from use of insecticidetreated nets against pyrethroid-resistant mosquitoes, Benin. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 18, 1101-1106.
3. Asidi AN, N'Guessan R, Koffi AA, Curtis CF, Hougard J-M, Chandre F, Corbel V, Darriet F, Zaim M, Rowland MW. 2005. Experimental hut evaluation of bednets treated with an organophosphate (chlorpyrifos-methyl) or a pyrethroid (lambdacyhalothrin) alone and in combination against insecticideresistant Anopheles gambiae and Culex quinquefasciatus mosquitoes. Malaria Journal, 4, 25.
4. Corbel V, Chabi J, Dabiré RK, Etang J, Nwane P, Pigeon O, Akogbeto M, Hougard J-M. 2010. Field efficacy of a new mosaic long-lasting mosquito net (PermaNet 3.0) against pyrethroid-resistant malaria vectors: a multi centre study in Western and Central Africa. Malaria Journal, 9, 113.
5. Curtis CF, Miller JE, Hodjati MH, Kolaczinski JH, Kasumba I. 1998. Can anything be done to maintain the effectiveness of pyrethroid-impregnated bednets against malaria vectors? Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society B: Biological Sciences, 353, 1769-1775.
6. Devine GJ, Perea EZ, Killeen GF, Stancil JD, Clark SJ, Morrison AC. 2009. Using adult mosquitoes to transfer insecticides to Aedes aegypti larval habitats. Proceedings of the National Academy of Science, 106, 11530-11534.
7. Firth D. 1993. Bias reduction of maximum likelihood estimates. Biometrika, 80, 27-38.
8. Harburguer LV, Seccacini E, Masuh H, Audino PG, Zerba E, Licastro S. 2009. Thermal behaviour and biological activity against Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) of permethrin and pyriproxyfen in a smoke-generating formulation. Pest Management Science, 65, 1208-1214.
9. Harris C, Lwetoijera DW, Dongus S, Matowo NS, Lorenz LM, Devine GJ, Majambere S. 2013. Sterilising effects of pyriproxyfen on Anopheles arabiensis and its potential use in malaria control. Parasites and Vectors, 6, 144.
10. Hemingway J, Hawkes NJ, McCarroll L, Ranson H. 2004. The molecular basis of insecticide resistance in mosquitoes. Insect Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, 34, 653-665.