Subject: auto-transfusion tourniquet | tourniquet | field exsanguination | perfusion requirement | Review | hemorrhagic shock | HemaClear® ATT | Open Access Emergency Medicine | Medical emergencies. Critical care. Intensive care. First aid | RC86-88.9
mesheuropmc: body regions
David H Tang,1,2,3 Bohdan T Olesnicky,1,3 Michael W Eby,1,4 Lawrence E Heiskell1,51International School of Tactical Medicine, Palm Springs, CA, USA; 2Eisenhower Medical Center, Rancho Mirage, CA, USA; 3High Desert Medical Center, Joshua Tree, CA, USA; 4Veterans Administ... View more
1. Dubick MA, Atkins JA. Permissive hypotension strategies for the far-forward fluid resuscitation of significant hemorrhage. Paper pre - sented at the NATO Research and Technology Organisation Human Factors and Medicine (RTO-HFM) Symposium, St Pete Beach, FL, USA, August 16-18, 2004. Available from: http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/ tr/fulltext/u2/a444678.pdf. Accessed September 7, 2013.
2. Dutton RP, Mackenzie CF, Scalea TM. Hypotensive resuscitation during active hemorrhage: impact on in-hospital mortality. J Trauma. 2002;52(6): 1141-1146.
3. Doyle GS, Tailla PP. Tourniquets: a review of current use with proposals for expanded prehospital use. Prehosp Emerg Care. 2008;12(2): 241-256.
4. Human physiology in space. III. Static leg volume. National Space Biomedical Research Institute. Available from: http://www.nsbri.org/ HumanPhysSpace/focus2/spaceiflght-leg.htm l. Accessed September 7, 2013.
5. Adams JP, Albert S. The blood volume in the lower extremities a technique for its determination utilizing Cr-51 tagged red cells. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 1962;44(3):489-493.
6. Gavriely O, Nave T, Sivan S, Shabtai-Musih Y, Gavriely N. Auto Transfusion and Blood Pressure Elevation by Elastic Leg Compression in Normal Subjects. Rappaport, Technion. Haifa: Israel Institute of Technology; 2000. Available at: http://www.emergencyeed.com/ uploads/1/9/1/4/19141635/study_-_auto_transfusion_mk0036200_ compressed_2.pdf. Accessed October 20, 2013.
7. Gavriely J. Surgical tourniquets in orthopaedics. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2010:92(5):1318-1322.
8. Canale, TS Campbell's Operative Orthopedics 9th Ed. St. Louis, Mosby 1998:30-31. Available from: http://www.emergencyeed.com/safety. html. Accessed October 17, 2013.
9. Klenerman L, Meenakshi B, Hulands, GH, et al. Systemic and local effects of the application of a tourniquet. J. Bone and Joint Surg. 1980;62-B:385-388.
10. Grebing BR, Coughlin MJ. Evaluation of the Esmark bandage as a tourniquet for forefoot surgery. Foot Ankle Int. 2004;25(6):397-405.