Abstract: The existing I/O workload generators and trace capturing tools are not adaptable to generating nor capturing the I/O requests of Android apps. The Android platform needs proper tools to capture and replay real world workload in the Android platform to verify t... View more
1. Jeong, S.; Lee, K.; Hwang, J.; Lee, S.; Won, Y. AndroStep: Android Storage Performance Analysis Tool. In Proceedings of the First European Workshop on Mobile Engineering ME13, Aachen, Germany, 26-28 February 2013; Volume 215.
2. Meeker, M. 2013 Internet Trends Report; Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers: Snyder, TX, USA, 2013.
3. Kim, H.; Agrawal, N.; Ungureanu, C. Revisiting Storage for Smartphones. In Proceedings of the 10th USENIX Conference on File and Storage Technologies, San Jose, CA, USA, 14-17 February, 2012.
4. SQLite Homepage. Available online: http://www.sqlite.org/ (accessed on 11 December 2013).
5. Mathur, A.; Cao, M.; Bhattacharya, S.; Dilger, A.; Tomas, A.; Vivier, L. The New ext4 Filesystem: Current Status and Future Plans. In Proceedings of the Linux Symposium, Ottawa, Canada, 27-30 June 2007.
6. Axboe, J. CFQ IO Scheduler. Presented at linux. conf. au, Sydney, Australia, 15-17 January 2007.
7. Lee, K.; Won, Y. Smart Layers and Dumb Result: IO Characterization of an Android-Based Smartphone. In Proceedings of EMSOFT 2012 International Conference on Embedded Software, Tampere, Finland, 7-12 October 2012.
8. Jeong, S.; Lee, K.; Lee, S.; Son, S.; Won, Y. I/O Stack Optimization for Smartphones . In Proceedings of the USENIX Annual Technical Conference, San Jose, CA, USA, 26-28 June 2013.
9. Hsu, W.W.; Smith, A.J. Characteristics of I/O traffic in personal computer and server workloads. IBM Syst. J. 2003, 42, 347-372.
10. Zhou, M.; Smith, A.J. Analysis of Personal Computer Workloads. In Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Modeling, Analysis and Simulation of Computer and Telecommunication Systems, MASCOTS, College Park, MD, USA, 24-28 October 1999; pp. 208-217.