Subject: agriculture | Q | WDRVI | production | yield | Science | wheat | forecast | MODIS
mesheuropmc: food and beverages
Policy makers, government planners and agricultural market participants in Pakistan require accurate and timely information about wheat yield and production. Punjab Province is by far the most important wheat producing region in the country. The manual collection of fie... View more
1. Worldbank. Health Nutrition and Population Statistics. Available online: http://databank.worldbank.org (accessed on 24 September 2014).
2. Briscoe, J.; Qamar, U. Pakistan's Water Economy: Running Dry; Oxford University Press: Karachi, Pakistan, 2005.
3. Khan, S.B.; Khattak, A.; Hafeezullah.; Rehman, A. Agricultural Statistics of Pakistan 2010-2011; Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, Government of Pakistan: Islamabad, Pakistan, 2012.
4. Ministry of Finance of the Government of Pakistan. Pakistan Economic Survey 2011-2012. Available online: http://www.finance.gov.pk/survey_1112.html (accessed on 24 September 2014).
5. Dorosh, P.; Salam, A. Wheat markets and price stabilisation in Pakistan: An analysis of policy options. Pak. Dev. Rev. 2008, 47, 71-87.
6. Niaz, M.S. Wheat Policy-A Success or Failure. DAWN. Available online: http://www.dawn.com/ news/194423/wheat-policy-a-success-or-failure/ (accessed on 24 September 2014).
7. Akhtar, I.U.H. Pakistan Needs a New Crop Forecasting System. Available online: http://www.scidev.net/en/new-technologies/space-technology/opinions/pakistan-needs-a-new-crop -forecasting-system.html (accessed on 24 September 2014).
8. Bauer, M.E. The role of remote sensing in determining the distribution and yield of crops. Adv. Agron. 1975, 27, 271-304.
9. Erickson, J.D. The LACIE experiment in satellite aided monitoring of global crop production. In The Role of Terrestrial Vegetation in the Global Carbon Cycle: Measurement by Remote Sensing; John Wiley: Chichester, UK, 1984; pp. 191-217.
10. Doraiswamy, P.; Hodges, T.; Phinney, D. Crop Yield Literature Review for AgRISTARS Crops Corn, Soybeans, Wheat, Barley, Sorghum, Rice, Cotton, and Sunflowers; Technical Report 73-312; Lockheed Electronics Co.: Houston, UK, 1979.