Subject: Global Hydrologic Model | River Routing | Python | Hydrology | Potential Evapotranspiration (PET) | Runoff | Water Balance Model | Computer software | QA76.75-76.765 | Global Change Assessment Model (GCAM) | Water Balance Model; Global Hydrologic Model; Runoff; River Routing; Potential Evapotranspiration (PET); Global Change Assessment Model (GCAM); Python
Xanthos is an open-source hydrologic model, written in Python, designed to quantify and analyse global water availability. Xanthos simulates historical and future global water availability on a monthly time step at a spatial resolution of 0.5 geographic degrees. Xanthos... View more
1. Edmonds, J and Reilly, J M 1985 Global Energy: Assessing the Future, 317. Oxford University Press, New York.
2. Edmonds, J, Wise, M, Pitcher, H, Richels, R, Wigley, T and Maccracken, C 1997 An integrated assessment of climate change and the accelerated introduction of advanced energy technologies-an application of MiniCAM 1.0. Mitigation and adaptation strategies for global change, 1(4): 311-339. DOI: https://doi. org/10.1023/B:MITI.0000027386.34214.60
3. Kim, S H, Edmonds, J, Lurz, J, Smith, S J and Wise, M 2006 The objECTS framework for integrated assessment: Hybrid modeling of transportation. The Energy Journal, Special Issue #2: 51-80. DOI: https:// doi.org/10.5547/ISSN0195-6574-EJ-VolSI2006- NoSI2-4
4. Hejazi, M I, Edmonds, J, Clarke, L, Kyle, P, Davies, E, Chaturvedi, V, Wise, M, Patel, P, Eom, J and Calvin, K 2014 Integrated assessment of global water scarcity over the 21st century under multiple climate change mitigation policies. Hydrology and Earth System Sciences, 18: 2859-2883. DOI: https:// doi.org/10.5194/hess-18-2859-2014
5. Hejazi, M I, Edmonds, J, Chaturvedi, V, Davies, E and Eom, J 2013 Scenarios of global municipal wateruse demand projections over the 21st century. Hydrological Sciences Journal, 58(3): 519-538. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1080/02626667.2013.772301
6. Hargreaves, G L, Hargreaves, G H and Riley, J P 1985 Irrigation water requirements for Senegal River basin. Journal of Irrigation and Drainage Engineering, 111(3): 265-275. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1061/(ASCE)0733- 9437(1985)111:3(265)
7. Zhou, Y, Hejazi, M, Smith, S, Edmonds, J, Li, H, Clarke, L, Calvin, K and Thomson, A 2015 A comprehensive view of global potential for hydrogenerated electricity. Energy & Environmental Science, 8: 2622-2633. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1039/C5EE00888C
8. Kim, S H, Hejazi, M, Liu, L, Calvin, K, Clarke, L, Edmonds, J, Kyle, P, Patel, P, Wise, M and Davies, E 2016 Balancing global water availability and use at basin scale in an integrated assessment model. Climatic Change, 136(2): 217-231. DOI: https://doi. org/10.1007/s10584-016-1604-6
9. Leng, G, Tang, Q and Rayburg, S 2015 Climate change impacts on meteorological, agricultural and hydrological droughts in China. Global and Planetary Change, 126: 23-34. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j. gloplacha.2015.01.003
10. Fekete, B M, Vörösmarty, C J and Grabs, W 1999 Global, composite runoff fields based on observed river discharge and simulated water balances. Volume 22 of GRDC-Report. Global Runoff Data Centre, Federal Institute of Hydrology, Koblenz, Germany.