Subject: Screen house | Aedes aegypti | Spatial repellents | Thailand | Infectious Diseases | Push-pull strategy | Experimental huts | BG-Sentinel™ trap | Research | Parasitology
Background An integrated approach to reduce densities of adult Aedes aegypti inside homes is currently being evaluated under experimentally controlled field conditions. The strategy combines a spatial repellent (SR) treatment (applied indoors) with the Biogents Sentinel... View more
1. WHO [World Health Organization]: WHO recommended insecticides for indoor residual spraying against malaria vectors. Geneva, Switzerland: World Health Organization; 2009. http://apps.who.int/malaria/cmc_pload/0/000/012/604/ IRS Insecticides.htm.
2. Scott TW, Chow E, Strickman D, Kittayapong P, Wirtz RA, Lorenz LH, Edman JD: Blood-feeding patterns of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) collected in a rural Thai village. J Med Entomol 1993, 30:922-927.
3. Scott TW, Amerasinghe PH, Morrison AC, Lorenz LH, Clark GG, Strickman D, Kittayapong P, Edman JD: Longitudinal studies of Aedes aegypti (Diptera: Culicidae) in Thailand and Puerto Rico: Blood feeding frequency. J Med Entomol 2000, 37:89-101. doi:full/10.1603/0022-2585-37.1.89.
5. Harrington LC, Scott TW, Lerdthusnee K, Coleman RC, Costero A, Clark GG, Jones JJ, Kitthawee K, Kittayapong P, Sithiprasasna R, Edman JD: Dispersal of the dengue vector Aedes aegypti within and between rural communities. AmJTrop Med Hyg 2005, 72:209-220.
6. WHO [World Health Organization]: Dengue haemorrhagic fever: diagnosis, treatment, prevention and control. 2nd edition. Geneva: World Health Organization; 2007.
7. Gratz NG: Lessons of Aedes aegypti control in Thailand. Med Vet Entomol 1993, 7:1-10.
8. Gratz NG: Space sprays for the control of Aedes aegypti in South-East Asia and the Western Pacific. Dengue Bull 1999, 23:80-84.
9. Somboon P, Prappanthadara L, Suwanakerd W: Insecticide susceptibility tests of Anopheles minimus, Aedes aegypti, Aedes albopictus and Culex quinquefasciatus in northern Thailand. Southeast Asian J Trop Med Public Health 2003, 34:87-93.
10. Sathantriphop S, Paeporn P, Supaphathom K: Detection of insecticides resistance status in Culex quinquefasciatus and Aedes aegypti to four major groups of insecticides. Trop Biomed 2006, 23:97-101.