Subject: Home health care | Direct care workers | Family caregivers | Research Article | Home care | Domiciliary care | Informal/formal care partnerships | Caregiving | Geriatrics and Gerontology
Background Health care discourse is replete with references to building partnerships between formal and informal care systems of support, particularly in community and home based health care. Little work has been done to examine the relationship between home health care... View more
1. Canadian Home Care Association. Portraits of Home Care; 2013. [http:// www.cdnhomecare.ca/content.php?doc=235].
2. Stone RI, Dawson SL. The origins of better jobs better care. Gerontologist. 2008;48:5-13.
3. Havens B. Canadian home care human resources study-synthesis report. Ottawa: The Home Care Sector Study; 2003. www.cha.ca/documents/pa/ Home_Care_HR_Study.pdf.
4. Canadian Institute for Health Information (CIHI). Supporting informal caregivers- The heart of home care. 2011. [https://www.cihi.ca/en/gsearch/ caregiver%2Bdistress].
5. Gruneir A, Forrester J, Camacho X, Gill SS, Bronskill SE. Gender differences in home care clients and admission to long-term care. BMC Geriatrics. 2013;13: 48 [http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2318/13/48].
6. Kemp CL, Ball MM, Perkins MM. Convoys of care: theorizing intersections of formal and informal care. J Aging Stud. 2013;27:15-29.
7. Ward-Griffin C, Bol N, Hay K, Dashnay I. Relationships between families and nurses in long-term-care facilities: a critical analysis. Can J Nurs Res. 2003;35: 150-74.
8. Jacobs MT, Broese Van Groenou MI, De Boer AH, Deeg JHD. Individual determinants of task division in older adults' mixed care networks. Health Soc Care Comm. 2013;22:57-66.
9. Sims-Gould J, Martin-Matthews A. We share the care: family caregivers' experiences of their older relative receiving home support services. Health Soc Care Comm. 2010;18:415-23.
10. Timonen V. Toward an integrative theory of care: formal and informal intersections. In: Mancini JA, Roberto KA, editors. Pathways of human development: explorations of change. Lanham: Lexington Books; 2009. p. 307-26.