Subject: MiRNome | Sciences bio-médicales et agricoles | Biotechnology | Research Article | IsomiR | Biologie | Papillary | Genetics | Thyroid | Metastasis | Biotechnologie | Sciences biomédicales en général | MicroRNA | Cancer
mesheuropmc: endocrine system diseases
Background Papillary Thyroid Cancer (PTC) is the most prevalent type of endocrine cancer. Its incidence has rapidly increased in recent decades but little is known regarding its complete microRNA transcriptome (miRNome). In addition, there is a need for molecular biomar... View more
1. Sipos JA, Mazzaferri EL. Thyroid cancer epidemiology and prognostic variables. Clin Oncol (R Coll Radiol). 2010;22:395-404.
2. Xing M. Molecular pathogenesis and mechanisms of thyroid cancer. Nat Rev Cancer. 2013;13:184-99.
3. Layfield LJ, Cibas ES, Gharib H, Mandel SJ. Thyroid Aspiration Cytology. CA Cancer J Clin. 2009;59:99-110.
4. Piana S, Frasoldati A, Ferrari M, Valcavi R, Froio E, Barbieri V, et al. Is a fivecategory reporting scheme for thyroid fine needle aspiration cytology accurate? Experience of over 18000 FNAs reported at the same institution during 1998-2007. Cytopathology. 2011;22:164-73.
5. McHenry CR. Patient volumes and complications in thyroid surgery. Br J Surg. 2002;89:821-3.
6. Grogan RH, Mitmaker EJ, Hwang J, Gosnell JE, Duh Q-Y, Clark OH, et al. A population-based prospective cohort study of complications after thyroidectomy in the elderly. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012;97:1645-53.
7. Ferraz C, Eszlinger M, Paschke R. Current state and future perspective of molecular diagnosis of fine-needle aspiration biopsy of thyroid nodules. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2011;96(July 2011):2016-26.
8. Zhang Y, Zhong Q, Chen X, Fang J, Huang Z. Diagnostic value of microRNAs in discriminating malignant thyroid nodules from benign ones on fine-needle aspiration samples. Tumour Biol. 2014;35(9):9343-53.
9. Bartel DP, Lee R, Feinbaum R. MicroRNAs: Genomics, Biogenesis, Mechanism, and Function Genomics: The miRNA Genes. Cell. 2004;116:281-97.