Subject: Special aspects of education | Advances in Medical Education and Practice | Problem based learning (PBL) | R5-920 | tutoring skills | lecturing skills | Medicine (General) | Original Research | PBL | LC8-6691 | tutor
Salah Eldin Kassab,1 Nahla Hassan,1 Marwan F Abu-Hijleh,2 Reginald P Sequeira3 1Department of Medical Education, Faculty of Medicine, Suez Canal University, Ismailia, Egypt; 2College of Medicine, Qatar University, Doha, Qatar; 3College of Medicine and Medical Sciences, ... View more
1. Srivastava TK. Medical teacher as a facilitator. Natl J Physiol, Pharm Pharmacol. 2014;4(3):179-181.
2. Jaques D. Teaching in small groups. In: Cantillon P, Wood D, editors. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. 2nd ed. London: Blackwell Publishing Ltd; 2010:23-28.
3. Harden RM, Crosby J. AMEE Guide No 20: The good teacher is more than a lecturer: the twelve roles of the teacher. Med Teach. 2000; 22(4):334-347.
4. Jafri W, Mumtaz K, Burdick WP, Morahan PS, Freeman R, Zehra T. Improving the teaching skills of residents as tutors/facilitators and addressing the shortage of faculty facilitators for PBL modules. BMC Medical Education 2007;7:34.
5. Mclean M. What can we learn from facilitator and student perceptions of facilitation skills and roles in the first year of a problem-based learning curriculum? BMC Med Educ. 2003;3:9.
6. Das M, Mpofu DJ, Hasan MY, Stewart TS. Student perceptions of tutor skills in problem-based learning tutorials. Med Educ. 2002;36: 272-278.
7. Wood D. Problem-based learning: clinical review. ABC of learning and teaching in medicine. BMJ. 2003;326:328-330.
8. Mennin SP, Friedman M, Skipper B, Kalishman S, Snyder J. Performances on the NBME I, II, and III by medical students in the problem-based learning and conventional tracks at the University of New Mexico. Acad Med. 1993;68(8):616-624.
9. Maudsley G. Roles and responsibilities of the problem-based learning tutor in the undergraduate medical curriculum. BMJ. 1999;318:657-661.
10. Albanese MA. Problem-Based Learning. An Introduction to Medical Teaching. Jeffries WB, Huggett KN, editors. Dodrecht: Springer Science Business Media B.V; 2010:41-53.