Subject: Pediatrics, Perinatology, and Child Health | Research Article | RJ1-570 | Pediatrics
<p>Abstract</p> <p>Background</p> <p>Some national guidelines recommend the use of water alone for napkin cleansing. Yet, there is a readiness, amongst many parents, to use baby wipes. Evidence from randomised controlled trials, of the effect of baby wipes on newborn sk... View more
1. Nikolovski J, Stamatas G, Kollias N, Wiegand B: Barrier Function and WaterHolding and Transport Properties of Infant Stratum Corneum are different from adults and continue to develop through the first year of life. J Investig Dermatol 2008, 128:1728-1736.
2. Cork MJ, Danby SG, Vasilopoulos Y, Hadgraft J, Lane ME, Moustafa M, Guy RH, MacGowan AL, Tazi-Ahnini R, Ward SJ: Epidermal Barrier Dysfunction in Atopic Dermatitis. J Investig Dermatol 2009, 129:1892-1908.
3. Spergal JM, Paller AS: Atopic dermatitis and the atopic march. J Allergy Clin Immunol 2003, 112:s118-s127.
4. Chang WT, Sun HL, Lue KH, Chou MC: Predictability of early onset atopic dermatitis by cord blood IgE and parental history. Acta Paedatr Taiwan 2005, 46:272-277.
5. Atherton DJ: A review of the pathophysiology, prevention and treatment of irritant diaper dermatitis. Current medical research and opinion 2004, 20:645-649.
6. Davies MW, Dore AJ, Perissinotto KL: Topical vitamin A, or its derivatives for treating and preventing napkin dermatitis in infants (Review). Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2006, 4:CD004300. doi:10.1002/ 1451858.CD004300.pub2.
7. Scheinfeld N, Diaper Dermatitis: A review and Brief Survey of Eruptions of the Diaper Area. American Journal of Clinical Dermatology 2005, 6:273-281.
8. Visscher MO, Chatterjee R, Munson KA, Bare DE, Hoath SB: Changes in diapered and non diapered infant skin over the first month of life. Pediatr Dermatol 2000, 17:45-51.
9. Atherton D, Mills K: What Can Be Done to Keep Babies' Skin Healthy? RCM Midwives 2004, 7:288-290.
10. Garcia-Bartels N, Massoudy L, Schink T, Proquitté H, Wauer R, Bellemere G, Bertin C, Blume-Peytavi U: Use of baby wipes in the diaper area in newborns: a prospective, randomized clinical study on skin barrier. Arch Dis Child 2008, 93:222.