Subject: Research Article | Biology and Life Sciences | Emotions | Public Finance | Physiology | Public Choice Theory | WORDS | Medicine | CONSUMPTION | Q | Nutrition | Economics | R | Psychology | Social Sciences | Science | Food Consumption | MODEL | Physiological Processes | Medicine and Health Sciences | FACES | Finance
mesheuropmc: digestive, oral, and skin physiology
In the current study we show that non-verbal food-evoked emotion scores significantly improve food choice prediction over merely liking scores. Previous research has shown that liking measures correlate with choice. However, liking is no strong predictor for food choice... View more
1. K o¨ster EP (2009) Diversity in the determinants of food choice: A psychological perspective. Food Qual Prefer 20: 70-82. doi:10.1016/j.foodqual.2007.11.002
2. Kahneman D (2003) A perspective on judgment and choice: mapping bounded rationality. Am Psychol 58: 697-720. doi:10.1037/0003-066X.58.9.697
3. Slovic P, Finucane ML, Peters E, MacGregor DG (2007) The affect heuristic. Eur J Oper Res 177: 1333-1352. doi:10.1016/j.ejor.2005.04.006
4. Zajonc RB (1980) Feeling and Thinking Preferences Need No Inferences. Am Psychol 35: 151-175.
5. De Graaf C, Kramer FM, Meiselman HL, Lesher LL, Baker-Fulco C, et al. (2005) Food acceptability in field studies with US army men and women: relationship with food intake and food choice after repeated exposures. Appetite 44: 23-31. doi:10.1016/j.appet.2004.08.008
6. Zandstra EH, Graaf C De, Trijp HCM Van, Staveren WA Van (1999) Laboratory hedonic ratings as predictors of consumption. Food Qual Prefer 10: 411-418.
7. Ng M, Chaya C, Hort J (2013) Beyond liking: Comparing the measurement of emotional response using EsSense Profile and consumer defined check-all-that-apply methodologies. Food Qual Prefer 28: 193- 205. doi:10.1016/j.foodqual.2012.08.012
8. Desmet PMA, Schifferstein HNJ (2008) Sources of positive and negative emotions in food experience. Appetite 50: 290-301. doi:10.1016/j.appet.2007.08.003
9. Manzocco L, Rumignani A, Lagazio C (2013) Emotional response to fruit salads with different visual quality. Food Qual Prefer 28: 17-22. doi:10.1016/j.foodqual.2012.08.014
10. Jiang Y, King JM, Prinyawiwatkul W (2014) A review of measurement and relationships between food, eating behavior and emotion. Trends Food Sci Technol: 1-14. doi:10.1016/j.tifs.2013.12.005