The purpose of the present work was both to analyze composition of Spanish celiac women and to study the food habits and gluten-free diet of these celiac patients, in order to determine whether they achieve a balanced and healthy diet as well as to highlight nutritional... View more
1. Ludvigsson, J.F.; Green, P.H. Clinical management of coeliac disease. J. Int. Med. 2011, 269, 560-571. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
2. Catassi, C.; Gatti, S.; Fasano, A. The new epidemiology of celiac disease. J Pediatr. Gastroenterol. Nutr. 2014, 59, S7-S9. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
3. Catassi, C.; Fabiani, E.; Iacono, G.; D'Agate, C.; Francavilla, R.; Biagi, F.; Volta, U.; Accomando, S.; Picarelli, A.; de Vitis, I.; et al. A prospective, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial to establish a safe gluten threshold for patients with celiac disease. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2007, 85, 160-166. [PubMed]
4. Rajpoot, P.; Makharia, G.K. Problems and challenges to adaptation of gluten free diet by Indian patients with celiac disease. Nutrients 2013, 5, 4869-4879. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
5. Gibert, A.; Kruizinga, A.G.; Neuhold, S.; Houben, G.F.; Canela, M.A.; Fasano, A.; Catassi, C. Might gluten traces in wheat substitutes pose a risk in patients with celiac disease? A population-based probabilistic approach to risk estimation. Am. J. Clin. Nutr. 2013, 97, 109-116. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
6. American-Dietetic-Association. Celiac disease. In Evidence Based Nutrition Practice Guideline; American-Dietetic-Association: Chicago, IL, USA, 2009.
7. Saturni, L.; Ferretti, G.; Bacchetti, T. The gluten-free diet: Safety and nutritional quality. Nutrients 2010, 2, 16-34. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
8. Pietzak, M.M. Follow-up of patients with celiac disease: Achieving compliance with treatment. Gastroenterology 2005, 128, S135-S141. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
9. Valdimarsson, T.; Toss, G.; Löfman, O.; Ström, M. Three years' follow-up of bone density in adult coeliac disease: Significance of secondary hyperparathyroidism. Scand. J. Gastroenterol. 2000, 35, 274-280. [CrossRef] [PubMed]
10. World Health Organization (WHO). Obesity: Preventing and managing the global epidemic. In Report of a WHO Consultation on Obesity; World Health Organization: Geneva, Switzerland, 1997; p. 276.