Subject: aneurysm | virtual reality | endovascular | RC666-701 | Review | simulation | Diseases of the circulatory (Cardiovascular) system | Medicine and Health Sciences | Vascular Health and Risk Management
Nung Rudarakanchana,1 Isabelle Van Herzeele,2 Liesbeth Desender,2 Nicholas JW Cheshire1 1Department of Surgery, Imperial College London, London, UK; 2Department of Thoracic and Vascular Surgery, Ghent University Hospital, Ghent, BelgiumOn behalf of EVEREST (European Vir... View more
1. Kohn LT, Corrigan JM, Donaldson MS, editors. To Err is Human: Building a Safer Healthcare System. Washington, DC: National Academy Press; 1999.
2. Patel SR, Gohel MS, Hamady M, et al. Reducing errors in combined open/endovascular arterial procedures: inuflence of a structured mental rehearsal before the endovascular phase. J Endovasc Ther. 2012;19(3): 383-389.
3. Aggarwal R, Grantcharov T, Moorthy K, et al. An evaluation of the feasibility, validity, and reliability of laparoscopic skills assessment in the operating room. Ann Surg. 2007;245(6):992-999.
4. Mishra A, Catchpole K, McCulloch P. The Oxford NOTECHS system: reliability and validity of a tool for measuring teamwork behaviour in the operating theatre. Qual Saf Health Care. 2009;18(2):104-108.
5. Malec JF, Torsher LC, Dunn WF, et al. The mayo high performance teamwork scale: reliability and validity for evaluating key crew resource management skills. Simul Healthc. 2007;2(1):4-10.
6. Hull L, Arora S, Kassab E, Kneebone R, Sevdalis N. Observational teamwork assessment for surgery: content validation and tool refinement. J Am Coll Surg. 2011;212(2):234-243. e1-e5
7. Seymour NE, Gallagher AG, Roman SA, et al. Virtual reality training improves operating room performance: results of a randomized, doubleblinded study. Ann Surg. 2002;236(4):458-463.
8. Walsh CM, Sherlock ME, Ling SC, Carnahan H. Virtual reality simulation training for health professions trainees in gastrointestinal endoscopy. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012;6:CD008237.
9. Dawson DL, Meyer J, Lee ES, Pevec WC. Training with simulation improves residents' endovascular procedure skills. J Vasc Surg. 2007;45(1):149-154.
10. Van Herzeele I, Aggarwal R, Neequaye S, et al. Experienced endovascular interventionalists objectively improve their skills by attending carotid artery stent training courses. Eur J Vasc Endovasc Surg. 2008;35(5): 541-550.